All necessary forms are available on Room Draw Forms. See "Room Draw Dates and Deadlines" at right. If you have questions concerning the dates when forms must be submitted, refer to the calendar or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Class lists are posted online prior to Room Draw. Check to make certain your name appears in the correct class year.
- Any student believing she is listed incorrectly should consult her dean.
- Residential Life must receive email notification of any change of class year from the student's Dean prior to the end of housing sign-ups.
- All students (except McBrides) must submit a Regular Room Draw Sign Up Form form during Housing Sign-ups to let the College know your intentions for housing the following year. This includes those students going abroad, those applying to Batten House, students such as Hall Advisors who are assigned housing as part of their employment, and students living off campus.
- Any student unable to sign up or to attend a draw should appoint a proxy to act on that student's behalf. A student's (or proxy's) failure to sign up or to appear at the draws will result in the student's name being placed at the bottom of the class priority list.
- For more information on housing sign-ups, applying to Batten House, Enid Cook Center, Hall Groups, Multiple Occupancy rooms, and the Tri-Co Exchange, visit Room Draw Options.
Class lists with randomly assigned, computer-generated priority numbers will be posted on Room Draw Lists. Check your priority number.
Every student is assigned a priority number which is valid for the entire year. This is important for those going JYA for fall because we use these same priority numbers when assigning housing to students in January.
In all draws, those who will be seniors draw first according to their priority numbers, then rising juniors, and finally rising sophomores. Priority numbers will be posted on Room Draw Lists.
- All students who draw into a dorm on the Bryn Mawr campus must attend Room Selection at the dorm which they selected in order to choose individual rooms and elect dorm presidents.
- Students drawing into hall groups must also attend to select their individual rooms within their hall group.
- All students with previously assigned rooms are also expected to attend to meet their new dorm mates and to participate in elections.
- Current residents are asked to post information about their rooms on their door, especially if they are unable to be present on the evening of Room Selection.
- Students who do not draw their preferred dorm or room may participate in Room Trade.
- Students are responsible for trying to trade their rooms; room trades are not guaranteed.
- Rooms may be traded only with Bryn Mawr students of the same class so quotas are maintained.
- Rooms may be traded only for like rooms; e.g., spaces in suites cannot be traded for singles.
- All trades must be documented on Room Trade Forms and approved by Residence Council.
- Any trade planned before rooms are drawn or made outside the trade system will not be approved.
- Notices about room trade possibilities may be posted on the Room Draw website