To apply, all applicants must provide the following:
1. A complete on-line application form.;
2. Two (2) letters of recommendation:
For those who have not previously studied Russian, your recommendation letters should be from:
a. Instructors with whom you have recently studied other languages or disciplines (preferred);
b. Work supervisors from professional or volunteer work;
For those who have previously studied Russian, your recommendation letters should be from:
1. Your most recent Russian language instructor (this should be your first letter);
2. The following recommenders are appropriate for your second letter of recommendation:
a. Instructors with whom you have recently studied Russian language or Russian-related course (preferred);
b. Instructors with whom you recently have studied other languages or disciplines;
c. Work supervisors from professional or volunteer work;
(Note: On-line recommendation forms can be found here. Hard copies of recommendations should be submitted in sealed envelopes with a signature or stamp across the flap and sent to the Russian Language Institute, Bryn Mawr College, 101 N. Merion Ave., Bryn Mawr, PA 19010);
3. Official transcripts of all academic work you have completed beyond the high school level or a high school transcript if you have not attended college (Note: Transcripts should be submitted in sealed envelopes with official seal or stamp across the flap);
4. Financial aid application (Required only for students wanting to request aid and/or Flagship-designated students).
Determination of acceptance into the summer Russian language program is made on a Rolling Admissions basis*, except for those applying for financial aid. The deadline for turning in applications with financial aid requests is March 18, 2019.
If you are unable to complete the on-line application, please contact email@example.com or call 610-526-5187.
*Contingent upon receipt of funding by the Russian Language Institute.