Conveniently located in the GSSWSR, students and alumni are invited to consult with the counselor for individual career counseling/coaching designed to:
- Define your career interests in social work fields and populations.
- Focus on career paths based on strengths, values and interests.
- Develop an effective job search strategy.
- Write powerful resumes/CV's with social work specific terminology.
- Write cover letters, outreach emails and apps. that get you noticed.
- Sharpen your interview skills.
- Negotiate the job offer.
- Transition to a new career or return to the workforce.
All meetings are confidential.
"The skills and service that you provide to students are truly like no other. I simply can't express how grateful I am, for the individual attention that you paid to my job search process, as well as the workshops that you hosted which got me moving in the right direction at the right time." —E. Grecco, M.S.S. '14