Career & Civic Engagement Center Programming for College-Funded Students
Career & Civic Engagement Center guides students in maximizing their internship experiences through a series of activities offered by the Summer Internship Funding Program. These include:
- a pre-departure orientation at the end of April
- an international internships pre-departure orientation
- a learning contract with objectives agreed upon with the internship supervisor
- reflective essays throughout the summer
- a final report and presentation slides
- participation in the culminating event during Parents' Weekend in October 2020 called Bryn Mawr and Beyond.
Students explore how the skills they develop in their Bryn Mawr courses articulate with their off-campus experiences and prepare them for life after Bryn Mawr.
Bryn Mawr and Beyond
Students who receive summer funding partake in the culminating event called Bryn Mawr and Beyond. Held each fall, this event provides a forum for funded students to dialogue with the Bryn Mawr community about their summers and present what they’ve learned in a meaningful way. Students reflect on what they did, what they learned about themselves, and how their experiences helped them to refine and discover their interests. Students also share how they develop skills tied to the Career & Civic Engagement Center competencies: social responsibility, communication, conceptual thinking, connection, cultural competency, implementation, and reflective practice. Students summarize their experiences into four short slides that is published in the annual Bryn Mawr and Beyond Book.