The Career & Civic Engagement Center's Summer Internship Funding Program provides funds to support unpaid summer internships.
The application for Summer 2021 Internship Funding Program 2021 will open in January. Please check back for more details.
Fall 2020 Update on Summer Funding Program: We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation of Covid-10. We plan to run the Career & Civic Engagement Center Summer Funding Program.
At this point, we encourage students to consider planning for both remote and in person summer internships.
If you would like to meet and discuss your plans, you are welcome to make an appointment Jennifer Prudencio from Career & Civic Engagement Center in Handshake or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. "
The goals of the Summer Internship Funding Program are to provide students with opportunities to
- apply their Bryn Mawr education in a meaningful work environment;
- acquire professional experience through an internship or research opportunity;
- gain a rich understanding in a field of interest;
- connect their summer work to personal, intellectual, and professional goals;
- access an internship or research opportunity that would be difficult to pursue without funding support.
Internships with a Research Component
Summer Internship Funding will consider internship proposals with a research component. The Career & Civic Engagement Center does fund not independent research projects.
A note regarding Fall semester research: In some instances, students may want to incorporate what they've learned during their summer into their academic work once back on campus. To do so, there may be instances where a student needs prior approval from the Bryn Mawr College Institutional Review Board. If this is of interest to you, please discuss with a faculty member in your major field this semester.
The applications for Summer 2020 internship funding will be available in August. Application deadlines are:
- International Internships: March 5, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Domestic Internships: April 5, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Partnerships: Deadlines vary