The LILAC Summer Internship Funding Program provides funds to support unpaid summer internships.
The goals Summer Internship Funding Program are to provide students with opportunities to
- apply their Bryn Mawr education in a meaningful work environment;
- acquire professional experience through an internship or research opportunity;
- gain a rich understanding in a field of interest;
- connect their summer work to personal, intellectual, and professional goals;
- access an internship or research opportunity that would be difficult to pursue without funding support.
Visit Program Eligibility to learn about what qualifies for internship funding through LILAC.
Internships with a Research Component
LILAC Summer Internship Funding will consider internship proposals with a research component. LILAC does fund not independent research projects.
A note regarding Fall semester research: In some instances, students may want to incorporate what they've learned during their summer into their academic work once back on campus. To do so, there may be instances where a student needs prior approval from the Bryn Mawr College Institutional Review Board. If this is of interest to you, please discuss with a faculty member in your major field this semester.
Students are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. There are two review periods:
- First Round: Friday, March 11, 2016 by noon
- Second Round: Monday, April 11, 2016 by noon
Applications received by the first deadline (March 11) will be reviewed first.
Applications received after March 11 will be reviewed in April after the final deadline (April 11).