The LILAC Summer Internship Funding Program provides funds to support unpaid summer internships.
The goals of the Summer Internship Funding Program are to provide students with opportunities to
- apply their Bryn Mawr education in a meaningful work environment;
- acquire professional experience through an internship or research opportunity;
- gain a rich understanding in a field of interest;
- connect their summer work to personal, intellectual, and professional goals;
- access an internship or research opportunity that would be difficult to pursue without funding support.
Visit Program Eligibility to learn about what qualifies for internship funding through LILAC.
Internships with a Research Component
LILAC Summer Internship Funding will consider internship proposals with a research component. LILAC does fund not independent research projects.
A note regarding Fall semester research: In some instances, students may want to incorporate what they've learned during their summer into their academic work once back on campus. To do so, there may be instances where a student needs prior approval from the Bryn Mawr College Institutional Review Board. If this is of interest to you, please discuss with a faculty member in your major field this semester.
The applications for Summer 2020 internship funding will be available in August. Application deadlines are:
- International Internships: March 5, 2020, at 11:59pm ET
- Domestic Internships: April 5, 2020, at 11:59pm ET
- Partnerships: Deadlines vary