The Career & Civic Engagement Center's Summer Internship Funding Program provides funds to support unpaid summer internships.
The application for Summer 2021 Internship Funding Program 2021 is open.
Spring 2021 Update on Summer Funding Program: We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation of COVID-19. We plan to run the Career & Civic Engagement Center Summer Funding Program. Please see the section on Summer 2021 COVID-19 updates for the most current information about this summer.
** April 16 Update ** Changes have been made to in person & remote eligible internships for Summer 2021. Please review the Summer 2021 Covid 19 website for complete details **
If you would like to meet and discuss your plans, you are welcome to make an appointment Jennifer Prudencio from Career & Civic Engagement Center in Handshake or contact her at email@example.com.
The goals of the Summer Internship Funding Program are to provide students with opportunities to
- apply their Bryn Mawr education in a meaningful work environment;
- acquire professional experience through an internship or research opportunity;
- gain a rich understanding in a field of interest;
- connect their summer work to personal, intellectual, and professional goals;
- access an internship or research opportunity that would be difficult to pursue without funding support.
Internships with a Research Component
The Career & Civic Engagement Center does fund not independent research projects, but will consider internship proposals with a research component linked to a supervisors or organizations research project.
A note regarding Fall semester research: In some instances, students may want to incorporate what they've learned during their summer into their academic work once back on campus. To do so, there may be instances where a student needs prior approval from the Bryn Mawr College Institutional Review Board. If this is of interest to you, please discuss with a faculty member in your major field this semester.
The applications for Summer 2021 internship funding will be available in January. Application deadlines are:
- International Internships: Due to COVID-19 there will be no applications accepted for International Internships. Please see the section on Summer 2021 COVID-19 updates for the most current information about this summer.
- Domestic Internships Round 1: Sunday, April 25, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Partnerships: Deadlines vary
- NEW: Domestic Internships Round 2: Sunday, May 9, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. ET