A recent survey of past participants of the prep course revealed a 90-percent exam pass rate after taking this course.
Please Note: Payment for License Exam Prep course trainings is expected at time of registration.
DELIVERY: All summer and fall 2020 sessions will be delivered as a Synchronous Virtual Classroom via Zoom.
Sunday, June 28 -WORKSHOP IS FULL (See waitlist instructions below.)
Sunday, July 12 -WORKSHOP IS FULL (See waitlist instructions below.)
Sunday, July 26 -WORKSHOP IS FULL (See waitlist instructions below.)
Sunday, August 2 -WORKSHOP IS FULL (See waitlist instructions below.)
Sunday, September 13
Sunday, November 22
Sunday, January 24
Sunday, February 28
Sunday, March 21
Sunday, April 11
Sunday, May 2
Sunday, June 6
Sunday, July 18
NOTE: Delivery method for spring 2021 sessions has not yet been determined and could either be via synchronous virtual classroom via zoom or in-person.
- Designed for anyone seeking to prepare themselves for the social work license exam.Special attention is given to practice theory, therapeutic strategies, social work values, DSM, and diversity sensitive practice.
- Free-standing one-day course that addresses both the master’s (L.S.W.) and clinical (L.C.S.W.) social work license exams.
- Students will explore effective learning techniques that can be applied in studying of exam material.
- Course includes actual practice test questions designed by ASWB.
- Students will have the opportunity to apply various exam strategies to ASWB test questions and identify which strategy works best for them.
- Course includes opportunity for answer determination discussion.
- Course will discuss managing test anxiety.
- A study manual is provided.
To participate, you will need a stable Internet connection and Zoom. Please visit the Zoom System Requirements site for the technical requirements that you will need. You will receive an email with an invitation to register for the Zoom meeting approximately 2 weeks prior to your registered session. Once you register on Zoom, you will immediately receive the link to join the meeting on the day/time of the course. You can also visit the Zoom Help Center to learn usage before your scheduled course.
No discounts available for multiple registrations in the prep course.
Ruth Feinblum Conviser, M.S.S., L.C.S.W., has a post-master's Certificate in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy from Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research. She worked in the public mental health system for a number of years in residential treatment, family-based mental health, and as an outpatient clinician with children and families. She founded Growth Solution Counseling, located in Center City Philadelphia, in 2008. She specializes in helping individuals and couples manage anxiety, improve communication skills, and thrive after divorce.
Registration for waitlist session does not guarantee you a seat in the waitlist session.
- Use the online registration form to have your name added to the session waitlist. (Select the session(s) on the online registration form that you wish to be added to.)
- Payment is not required to add your name to the waitlist.
- Waitlist individuals will be contacted if, and/or when, an opening develops in the session of their choice.
- Waitlist individuals are encouraged to register for an alternate open date to ensure a seat.
- If an opening develops in a waitlist session, payment made for an alternate date can be 100 percent transferred.