The Center for Professional Development at Bryn Mawr College's Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research (GSSWSR) reserves the right to make necessary scheduling and administrative adjustments in its Professional Development program as circumstances warrant.
Registration | Discounts | Refunds
Registration | Fees
- Full payment of fees is expected at time of registration.
- Account credit balances remaining at end of program year (May 31, 2022) will be forfeited.
- $115 (full-day workshops where noted): BMC alumnae/i, faculty and staff | field instructors of current GSSWSR students | agency-funded groups of three or more.
- $100 (full-day workshops where noted): Current GSSWSR students.
- No Discount: half-day workshops
- No Discount: License Exam Prep workshops
- Certificate discounts (only where noted): dependent upon fully paid tuition at time of registration.
- Discounts denoted on program webpages in the following manner: $xxx* - *See Registration Information for available discounts.
The following limitations will affect requested refunds of Professional Development fees:
- 100% refund if training is canceled.
- 100% forfeiture of fee if student fails to attend confirmed enrollment course, or if student drops series after it has begun.
- 100% of a course registration fee may be transferred by registrant to another training scheduled within the current Professional Development series if registrant cancels 72 hours prior to program start.
- 50% forfeiture of course registration fee if registrant drops a program within 72 hours of program start. 50% of course registration fee may be transferred to another training scheduled with the current Professional Development series if registrant drops a program within 72 hours of program start.
- 100% forfeiture of remaining account balances at end of current program year.
Program Year begins June 1 and ends on May 31 the following year.
Continuing Education | Act 48 Credit
Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research is a Council on Social Work Education accredited school and therefore, a Pa. pre-approved provider of social work continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for L.S.W./L.C.S.W., L.P.C., and L.M.F.T. biennial license renewal. Social workers outside of Pennsylvania or other licensed individuals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
Our programs include the following:
- Continuing Education Units (CEU) for social workers, professional counselors, and marriage and family therapists (exception: SW License Exam Prep courses do not qualify for CE credit).
- Act 48 credit for select programs.
- CEU credits calculated at rate of one CEU per training hour.
- CEU Certificates are distributed via email (after attendance validation and receipt of evaluation) approximately 3-5 business days after the training.
- Replacement CEU certificate charge: $10
Our programs and courses are designed to support continuing education for social work professionals. Our courses generally provide opportunities for individuals at the beginning, intermediate or advanced levels to broaden and update their professional knowledge and skills. When advanced level skills are needed we will indicate this in the course description.
(See About the Center for CEU accreditation statement.)
Training Information (virtual synchronous classroom)
- Attendees will need access to a computer, tablet, or smart phone (not ideal) with high speed internet.
- A working microphone, camera, and speakers are required.
- Attendees who require credit must attend the entirety of the virtual session(s) with system video and audio enabled, engage in activities, and respond to poll questions (or other interactive software) if used.
- Attendees who require credit must complete the course evaluation (distributed via email to all participants).
- Zoom training links are sent to all registrants one week prior to the training.
- General Training Location: Zoom (virtual) or at Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research
- Alternate Training Location: participants will be notified via email of a change is made in class location.
- Parking: On premises, ample and free.
- SEPTA: Paoli/Thorndale Line - The Rosemont train station is walking distance from the Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research.
- Directions: https://www.brynmawr.edu/swprodev/directions-bryn-mawr-college-gsswsr
- Recommended Dress (in-person): comfortable layers to accommodate varying meeting room temperatures.
- Inclement Weather: announcements regarding cancellations and/or re-scheduled trainings will be posted on the Center website and/or phones (610-520-2602 and 610-520-2614).
- School Closing Number—415 in Montgomery County, Pa.—will be announced on KYW 1060 AM radio
- Should a program need to be re-scheduled or canceled, registrants will be notified via email.