The Center for Professional Development at Bryn Mawr College GSSWSR reserves the right to make necessary scheduling and administrative adjustments in its Professional Development program as circumstances warrant.
- Recommended Dress - comfortable layers to accommodate varying meeting room temperatures.
- Inclement Weather - announcements regarding cancellations and/or re-scheduled trainings will be posted on the Center website and/or phones (610-520-2602 and 610-520-2614).
- School Closing Number – 415 in Montgomery County, PA – will be announced on KYW 1060 AM radio
- General Training Location - Bryn Mawr College GSSWSR
- Alternate Training Location - participants will be notified via email of changes to class location
- Parking - ample and free
- SEPTA - Rosemont station is walking distance from the the Graduate School of Social Work; Bryn Mawr station is walking distance from main College campus.
- Directions - https://www.brynmawr.edu/swprodev/directions-bryn-mawr-college-gsswsr
Registration | Fees
- Full payment of fees is expected at time of registration.
- Full-day workshops (except Sat./Sun.): include morning coffee and light lunch
- Half-day and Saturday/Sunday workshops: include morning coffee only
- Account balances remaining at end of program year (May 31, 2020) will be forfeited.
- $110 (full-day workshops) - BMC alumnae/i, faculty and staff | field instructors of current BMCGSSWSR students | agency-funded groups of 3 or more
- $95 (full-day workshops) - Current BMCGSSWSR students
- Additional discounts posted on specific training webpages
- No Discount - half-day workshops | single certificate program workshops | SW License Exam Prep courses
- Full Certificate discounts - dependent upon fully paid tuition at time of registration.
The following limitations will affect requested refunds of Professional Development fees:
- 100% refund if training is cancelled;
- 100% of a course registration fee may be transferred by participant to another training scheduled in the current Professional Development series;
- 50% of fee is forfeited by participant if training is dropped and is not replaced with another training scheduled in the current Professional Development series;
- 100% forfeiture of fee if student fails to attend a confirmed enrollment course, or if student drops a series after it has begun;
- 100% forfeiture of remaining account balances at end of current program year.
Continuing Education | Act 48 Credit
Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research is a Council on Social Work Education accredited school and therefore, a PA pre-approved provider of social work continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW, LPC and LMFT biennial license renewal. Social workers outside of Pennsylvania or other licensed individuals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
Our programs include the following:
- CEUs for social workers, professional counselors, and marriage and family therapists (exception: SW License Exam Prep courses do not receive credit).
- Act 48 credits for select courses
- CEU credits - calculated at rate of one CEU per training hour.
- CEU Certificates are distributed via email at close of training.
- Replacement CEU certificate charge - $10
Our programs and courses are designed to support continuing education for social work professionals. Our courses generally provide opportunities for individuals at the beginning, intermediate or advanced levels to broaden and update their professional knowledge and skills. When advanced level skills are needed we will indicate this in the course description.