Students at Bryn Mawr have many different transportation options beyond those services offered by the College.
SEPTA, the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority, serves Bryn Mawr, Montgomery County, and the region.
SEPTA's Bryn Mawr Train Station, at 54 N. Bryn Mawr Ave., is served by Paoli/Thorndale Line Regional Rail and provides connecting service from Bus Route 105 and 106 and the Norristown High Speed Line, with the Bryn Mawr Station located at Bryn Mawr Avenue and Moore Avenue. Information on schedules, maps, fares, station amenities, and system status can be found on SEPTA's website.
A number of neighboring transportation services offer connecting options to and from SEPTA, including Amtrak, NJ Transit and PATCO in New Jersey, and DART in Delaware.
The Philadelphia International Airport website provides information on taking public transit to and from the airport.
The Bicycle Coalition of Philadelphia provides helpful links to information on state laws for bicyclists.
Among the safety recommendations from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation:
- Always wear a helmet.
- Obey traffic laws.
- Obey stop signs and red lights.
- Never ride against the flow of traffic.
- Be predictable: Ride in a straight line with at least one hand on the handlebars. Check to be sure your path is clear, and change directions without swerving. Use hand signals to indicate when you are turning.
- Make yourself visible: Consider wearing bright cycling clothes. Put reflectors on your wheels and on the front and rear of your bike.
- At night, a front light and rear reflector are required.
- Carry a pump, a patch kit and a spare tube. Bring your cellphone in case of an emergency.
For more information on biking safety, visit the League of American Bicyclists Bike Education page.
Local bicycle shops:
- M&M Two Wheelers, 606 W. Lancaster Ave. in Bryn Mawr
- Cycles BiKyle, 1046 W. Lancaster Ave. in Bryn Mawr
- Trek Bicycle Ardmore, 47 Lancaster Ave. in Ardmore
Bryn Mawr's campus is close to a number of businesses, parks, and amenities that are accessible on foot. This Google Map shows the walk from the southern edge of campus to Montgomery Avenue and West Lancaster Avenue. Click and drag or zoom to view more details of the streets around campus.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation offers tips for pedestrians that include:
- Wear light-colored, reflective clothing so you can be seen.
- Walk against traffic.
- Make eye contact with motorists before crossing the street.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
This round-the-clock car-sharing service has a location on Bryn Mawr's campus. Zipcar vehicles are parked in the Radnor Hall Parking Lot.
Bryn Mawr College's campus has a speed limit of 15 miles per hour, and pedestrians have the right of way at all times, according to Bryn Mawr's Campus Safety Department.
Information on parking, vehicle registration, fees, and penalties can be found on the Campus Safety website.
- Haverford College campus parking regulations
- Swarthmore College campus parking regulations
- Swarthmore College "Getting Around" page