Health Center News
Flu shots available
No appointment necessary for students.
Can be charged to your student account.
Reimbursable by most insurances.
Staying Healthy in Flu Season
Thursday, Nov. 6 from 6-8 pm
Sponsored by the Health Center Advisory Committee
Healthy snacks, flu shots, stress busters, giveaways
Monday-Friday 9 AM-7 PM
Saturday-Sunday 9 AM-2 PM
The Health Center is closed Fall Break, Winter Break, Spring Break and over the summer.
When the Health Center is closed:
- Call 610-526-7911 for emergencies.
- If you have an urgent medical concern that cannot wait until the Health Center reopens at 9 AM, go to the Emergency Room at Bryn Mawr Hospital.
- If you have an urgent counseling concern that needs to be addressed before 9 AM, please call 610-526-7778 to be connected to a counselor.
Health Center News
- Recently a lot of information about the Ebola virus outbreak in West Africa has been in the news. While it is a serious concern, it is not one that directly affects the United States at this time. If you have been in West Africa in the past 21 days and become ill, however, it is extremely important you get medical care immediately. Our Health Center staff will be asking students if they have traveled in West Africa as part of our routine evaluation.
If you have questions please consult this link to the CDC Q&A website; Feel free to call the Health Center for information if you have any questions or concerns.
- The Health Center, Dietician and Athletic Department are collaborating to offer a fitness program for students with elevated BMIs (a standardized estimate of an individual's relative body fat calculated from height and weight) called Fitness OWLS (Onward for Weight Loss Success). There is no cost to you. This program includes a personalized fitness plan and is eligible for PE credit. If you would like to enroll or learn more about this program please call the Health Center.