You can send a secure message to the Health Center, view and print your walkout statements and more!
It’s Flu Season
Flu is present in the community. The following information can help you differentiate between colds and flu.
Symptom Cold? Flu?
Fever Possible, mild More common; over 101
Chills Mild Moderate to severe
Fatigue Mild Moderate to severe
Sneezing Yes Not usually
Headache No Yes
Cough Possible Yes
Chest discomfort Mild Moderate to severe
How to stay healthy:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Get plenty of rest and fluids
- Exercise in moderation
- Eat a well-balanced diet
- Avoid others who might be sick.
Be kind! Don’t share your germs:
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
- Avoid others when you are sick.
If you do get sick:
- Drink plenty of liquids
- Come to the Health Center
Questions? Call the Health Center at 610-526-7360
Monday-Friday 9 AM-7 PM
Saturday-Sunday 9 AM-2 PM
The Health Center is closed Fall Break, Winter Break, Spring Break and over the summer.
When the Health Center is closed:
- Call 610-526-7911 for emergencies.
- If you have an urgent medical concern that cannot wait until the Health Center reopens at 9 AM, go to the Emergency Room at Bryn Mawr Hospital.
- If you have an urgent counseling concern that needs to be addressed before 9 AM, please call 610-526-7778 to be connected to a counselor.
Health Center News
- Recently a lot of information about the Ebola virus outbreak in West Africa has been in the news. If you have been in West Africa in the past 21 days and become ill, it is extremely important you get medical care immediately. Our Health Center staff will be asking students if they have traveled in West Africa as part of our routine evaluation.
If you have questions please consult this link to the CDC Q&A website; Feel free to call the Health Center for information if you have any questions or concerns.
- The Health Center, College Dietitian and Phys Ed Department are collaborating to offer a fitness program for students who may be at an increased risk for health problems. There is no cost to you. This program includes a personalized fitness plan and is eligible for PE credit. If you would like to find out if you qualify for this program or learn more about it please call the Health Center (610-526-7360).