The Health Center Will Be Closed for Winter Break
from 4 pm on December 19
until 9 am on January 20
If you are in the area and need health care during winter break:
For emergency care you should go to the nearest emergency room. If you are on campus, call Campus Safety (610-526-7911) for transportation to Bryn Mawr Hospital Emergency Room.
For non-emergent medical care, you should call a physician’s office for an appointment. The following local physicians have agreed to see Bryn Mawr College students on a fee-for-service basis:
- Dr. Madeline Danny: 610-525-3332
- Dr. Claudia Hargrove: 610-525-2990
- Dr. Margaret McPherson: 610-525-4547
Please note that these doctors will not be able to renew prescriptions or give medical advice over the phone. You must make an appointment.
Main Line Health Center in Broomall
Lawrence Park Shopping Center
1991 Sproul Rd, Suite 625
Premier Urgent Care
635 Conestoga Rd
For other referral information, check the physician referral center of Main Line Health at http://www.mainlinehealth.org/our-doctors
If you are in the area and feel you need to see a counselor during break, you can make an appointment to be seen on a fee-for-service basis.
- Shobhi Kanal 484-716-8625
- Eileen Bazelon 215-477-3330
If you are on campus and you have a counseling emergency, you should contact BMC Campus Safety immediately at 610-526-7911 or proceed immediately to the nearest hospital emergency room for care.
Remember that in a true emergency situation, you should seek treatment at the hospital emergency room. Finances can be worked out later, if necessary.
- 1-800-273-TALK (8255) - The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 1-844-455-7455; via TTY 1- 800-799-4889 - Montgomery County Suicide and Crisis Hotline
Monday-Friday 9 AM-7 PM
Saturday-Sunday 9 AM-2 PM
The Health Center is closed Fall Break, Winter Break, Spring Break and over the summer.
When the Health Center is closed:
- Call 610-526-7911 for emergencies.
- If you have an urgent medical concern that cannot wait until the Health Center reopens at 9 AM, go to the Emergency Room at Bryn Mawr Hospital.
- If you have an urgent counseling concern that needs to be addressed before 9 AM, please call 610-526-7778 to be connected to a counselor.
Health Center News
- Recently a lot of information about the Ebola virus outbreak in West Africa has been in the news. If you have been in West Africa in the past 21 days and become ill, it is extremely important you get medical care immediately. Our Health Center staff will be asking students if they have traveled in West Africa as part of our routine evaluation.
If you have questions please consult this link to the CDC Q&A website; Feel free to call the Health Center for information if you have any questions or concerns.
- The Health Center, Dietician and Athletic Department are collaborating to offer a fitness program for students with elevated BMIs (a standardized estimate of an individual's relative body fat calculated from height and weight) called Fitness OWLS (Onward for Weight Loss Success). There is no cost to you. This program includes a personalized fitness plan and is eligible for PE credit. If you would like to enroll or learn more about this program please call the Health Center.