The Health Center
is now closed for the summer.
We will reopen on August 26th at 9 am.
If you need health care over the summer:
For emergency care you should go to the nearest emergency room. If you are on campus and need transportation to the Bryn Mawr Hosptial Emergency Room, call Campus Safety (610-526-7911).
Remember that in a true emergecy situation, you should seek treatment at the hospital emergency room. Finances can be worked out later, if necessary.
There are also immediate care clinics available to see patients on a walk-in basis for illness or urgent care. Please call for hours.
Main Line Health Center in Broomall 484-421-1660 http://www.mainlinehealth.org/now
Premier Urgent Care 610-710-4444 http://www.premierimc.com/
Fo non-urgent medical care by appointment, you can call a physician's office for an appointment. If you are in the Bryn Mawr area, you may make an apointment with one of the following physicians and be seen on a fee-for-service basis:
- Dr. Madeline Danny: 610-525-3332
- Dr. Claudia Hargrove: 610-525-2990
- Dr. Margaret McPherson: 610-525-4547
- Or call 1-866-CALL-MLH for a referral in the area.
Please note that these doctors will not be able to renew prescription or give medical advice over the phone. You must make an appointment.
If you need to see a counselor or need medication over the summer, contact your family doctor to seek a referral.
If you are in the Bryn Mawr area, you can make an appointment with one of the following professionals to be seen on a fee-for-service basis:
- Shobhi Kanal: 484-716-8625
- Dr. Eileen Bazelon: 610-667-5061
- Kathy Donner: 215-473-8800
If you need to communicate with the Health Center over the summer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email will be checked weekly.
Have a safe and healthy summer!
Congratulations to the Class of 2015!
Monday-Friday 9 AM-5 PM
Saturday-Sunday 9 AM-2 PM
The Health Center is closed Fall Break, Winter Break, Spring Break and over the summer.
When the Health Center is closed:
- Call 610-526-7911 for emergencies.
- If you have an urgent medical concern that cannot wait until the Health Center reopens at 9 AM, go to the Emergency Room at Bryn Mawr Hospital.
- If you have an urgent counseling concern that needs to be addressed before 9 AM, please call 610-526-7778 to be connected to a counselor.
Health Center News
- Recently a lot of information about the Ebola virus outbreak in West Africa has been in the news. If you have been in West Africa in the past 21 days and become ill, it is extremely important you get medical care immediately. Our Health Center staff will be asking students if they have traveled in West Africa as part of our routine evaluation.
If you have questions please consult this link to the CDC Q&A website; Feel free to call the Health Center for information if you have any questions or concerns.
- The Health Center, College Dietitian and Phys Ed Department are collaborating to offer a fitness program for students who may be at an increased risk for health problems. There is no cost to you. This program includes a personalized fitness plan and is eligible for PE credit. If you would like to find out if you qualify for this program or learn more about it please call the Health Center (610-526-7360).