Q: What is Handshake?
In July 2017, the Leadership, Innovation, and Liberal Arts Center (LILAC) implemented Handshake to promote jobs and internships as well as manage appointment scheduling, workshops, career fairs, and on-campus recruiting.
What is available to alumnae/i?
Handshake offers alums a mobile-friendly user experience and the ability to:
- Schedule career coaching appointments.
- Recruit at Bryn Mawr College: promote or refer jobs and internships for students and other alumnae/i.
- Register for events, including workshops, career networking, and other programs.
Who can use Handshake?
Mawrters from all class years may use Handshake. Alumnae/i accounts were created this year.
What information was uploaded?
Basic information was uploaded for most alumnae/i: name, preferred email, dates of enrollment/graduation, and major.
How do I log in to Handshake?
- Go to brynmawr.joinhandshake.com/login.
- Your username is the preferred email address on file with Bryn Mawr.
- Follow on-screen prompts to set your password.
How do I know if I already have an account?
If you aren’t sure what email was uploaded, contact Becky Ross, senior associate director for alumnae career services, at email@example.com. Avoid creating a new account until you have confirmed whether you have an existing account.
Can I change the email address on my account?
Yes. If you prefer to use a different email, contact Becky Ross to make that change.
Why don’t I have an account? I thought all alums were uploaded?
You will not have a Handshake account if Bryn Mawr does not have an email on file for you. Alums with .edu emails were not uploaded; Handshake interprets an .edu email as being a student from that institution. You may create an account if you don’t have one already.
Are there jobs for alums in Handshake?
There tend to be more entry-level and early-career opportunities than jobs for experienced hires. The ability to see which employers target Bryn Mawr for recruitment is valuable to alums of all class years.
How do I make a career coaching appointment?
Alumnae Career Services, which is part of Career and Professional Development (CPD), supports alums who graduated more than one year ago. Alums who graduated within the past year may schedule appointments with the undergraduate CPD staff. Pre-law advising is available to all alums.
- Log in: brynmawr.joinhandshake.com/login.
- Under the Career Center menu, select Appointments to schedule a session.
- Appointments are available via telephone, Skype, and in person.
How do I register as an Employer to hire current students?