Sangeun also has experience in managing community development programs among long term care waiver recipients like seniors and individuals with disabilities. Sangeun received her MSW in macro concentration from the University of Pennsylvania in May 2018. She has interests in diverse issues regarding immigrants’ adequate health care access and initiated research on the relationship between immigrants’ legal path and their health care access, charity care programs of Philadelphia-based hospitals, and surprise medical bills under the ACA. Furthermore, Sangeun has been working with applicants of the Medical Assistance and Home and Community Based Services for their Appeal and Hearing of denial cases with the Department of Human Services of Pennsylvania.
Research and Scholarly Interests
- Medicaid Long-Term Services and Supports (MLTSS)
- Home and Community Based Services
- Immigrants’ adequate health care access
- Roles of community-based nonprofit agencies
- Culturally Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS)
Sangeun Lee is currently developing a dissertation topic.