Policies and Additional Information
Online vs In-Person Explained
The PA State Board and NASW-PA distinction between an “in-person” and “online” CE training is as follows:
All of our CE trainings are considered "In-Person".
- In-person training refers to the ability of participants to interact/converse in real time with the presenter. Training delivery methods can include synchronous (live) virtual classroom that uses video conferencing technology and physical in-person trainings.
- Online trainings refer to self-paced/home study type programs where participants learn on their own time and schedule. Training delivery methods can include pre-recorded video trainings, trainings administered by mail, or self-paced training that uses various learning management technology.
Our delivery methods include in-person and synchronous (live) virtual classroom using the Zoom video conferencing technology and thus are categorized as “In-Person” CE trainings.
Registration | Discounts | Refunds
Registration | Tuition
- Full payment of tuition is expected at time of registration.
- Any account credit balance remaining at end of program year (May 31, 2023) will be forfeited.
- Discounts denoted with * on program webpages in the following manner: $xxx*
- If there is no *, the program does not have a discounted rate.
- Certificate discounts only where noted and dependent upon fully paid tuition at time of registration.
- BMC alumnae/i, faculty and staff | field instructors of current GSSWSR students | agency-funded groups of three or more:
- Discount examples:
- $110 per registrant (5 CEU full-day workshops where noted)
- $130 per registrant (6 CEU full-day workshops where noted)
- Discount examples:
- Current GSSWSR students:
- Discount examples:
- $100 (5 CEU full-day workshops where noted)
- $120 (6 CEU full-day workshops where noted)
- Discount examples:
- No discount available for License Exam Prep workshop.
- No discount available for half-day workshop.
The following limitations will affect requested refunds of Professional Development tuition:
- 100% of a tuition may be transferred by registrant to another training scheduled within the current Professional Development program year* if registrant cancels 72+ hours prior to program start.
- 50% of tuition may be transferred to another training scheduled within the current Professional Development program year* if registrant drops a program within 72 hours of program start.
- 100% forfeiture of tuition if student fails to attend a course.
- 100% forfeiture if student drops a series after it has begun.
- 100% refund of tuition if training is canceled.
- 100% forfeiture of remaining account balances at the end of the current Professional Development program year*.
- License Exam Prep Workshop Refund Policy:
- Once materials have been sent to a registrant, no refund is available.
- If a registrant needs to change their session date they should email email@example.com with as much advance notice as is possible to inquire into options.
- If a seat is available in registrant's alternate session, 100% of tuition paid will be applied.
- Please provide a minimum of 7 days notice to request a change of session.
*Professional Development Program Year begins June 1 and ends on May 31 the following year.
Continuing Education | Act 48 Credit
Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research is a Council on Social Work Education accredited school and therefore, a Pa. pre-approved provider of social work continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for L.S.W./L.C.S.W., L.P.C., and L.M.F.T. biennial license renewal. Social workers outside of Pennsylvania or other licensed individuals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
Our programs and courses are designed to support continuing education for social work professionals. Our courses generally provide opportunities for individuals at the beginning, intermediate or advanced levels to broaden and update their professional knowledge and skills. When advanced level skills are needed we will indicate this in the course description.
- Continuing Education (CE) credit for social workers, professional counselors, and marriage and family therapists
- Exception: SW License Exam Prep workshop does not qualify for CE credit.
- CEU credits are calculated at rate of one CEU per training hour.
Act 48 Credit Approved Provider
Bryn Mawr College Center for Professional Development is an approved Pennsylvania Department of Education Act 48 credit provider. Act 48 credit where designated is appropriate for Educational Specialists #1850 Home and School Visitor and #1851 School Social Worker.
CEU Certificate and Act 48 Credit:
- CEU certificates are distributed via email (after attendance validation and receipt of evaluation). Please allow approximately 5-10 business days after the training for processing.
- Act 48 credit is upload to the certified individuals PERMs record. Please allow approximately 5-10 business days after the training for processing.
Virtual Synchronous Classroom Information
- Attendees will need access to a computer (desktop or laptop) with high speed internet.
- Tablet or smart phone use for Zoom trainings are not ideal as some Zoom functionality maybe limited.
- A working microphone, camera, and speakers are required.
- Attendees seeking CEs must attend the entirety of the virtual session with system video and audio enabled, engage in activities, and respond to poll questions (or other interactive software) if used.
- Attendees seeking CEs must complete the course evaluation for each training.
- Zoom training links are sent to all registrants approximately one week prior to the training.
- In-Person Location: Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research
- COVID Guidelines
- Alternate Training Location: participants will be notified via email if class location is changed.
- Parking: On premises, ample and free.
- SEPTA: Paoli/Thorndale Line - The Rosemont train station is walking distance from the Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research.
- Recommended Dress (in-person): comfortable layers to accommodate varying meeting room temperatures.
- Inclement Weather: announcements regarding cancellations and/or re-scheduled trainings will be posted on the Center website and/or phones (610-520-2602 and 610-520-2614).
- School Closing Number—415 in Montgomery County, Pa.—will be announced on KYW 1060 AM radio
- Should a program need to be re-scheduled or canceled, registrants will be notified via email.
- Bryn Mawr College COVID Guidelines
- Individuals attending trainings in-person are asked to review the current college policy before coming to campus.
The Center for Professional Development at Bryn Mawr College's Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research (GSSWSR) reserves the right to make necessary scheduling and administrative adjustments in its Professional Development program as circumstances warrant.
Center for Professional Development
Bryn Mawr College
Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research
300 Airdale Road
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania 19010
Center Director and Home and School Visitor Program Certifying Officer