The Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research welcomes agencies interested in partnering with us as field placement sites. Agencies seeking to provide a field placement must demonstrate the capacity to provide:
- Compatibility of the agency's mission and philosophy of service with the values and ethics of the social work profession.
- A sufficient number and variety of assignments to develop student knowledge and practice skill; supervised in-depth experiences with individuals, groups, families, organizations and/or communities;
- Ample time for field instruction to permit individual and group (where appropriate) conferences with students;
- Field instruction from individuals with a master’s degree in social work (preferable) or related discipline, and a minimum of 2 years post-master’s experience;
- Adequate space and administrative resources to support student work; and
- Congruence between the student’s field assignments and assignments in the practice course taken concurrently with the field placement.
If you are interested in being considered as a prospective agency, please send an email with the Agency Contact’s name (First and Last) and email address. We will then send you a link with our Agency Application and to further update your agency’s information in our online Field Education system – Sonia. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to working with you in the future.
Forms for Prospective Agencies: