Application Instructions for Doctoral Program (Ph.D.)
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Application Deadline: Dec. 15
Applications received after Dec. 15 will be reviewed on a rolling basis as space is available in the program.
- Submit an online application
- Master's degree in social work or a related field (must come from an accredited university)
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Graduate GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Two years of post-M.S.W. work experience (recommended, not required)
- Personal statement
- One to two writing samples
- Three letters of recommendation (two should be academic references)
- Official transcripts (from all colleges and universities attended)
Note: We strongly recommend attending a virtual PhD Open House prior to submitting your application to the PhD program.