Planning a trip to campus? Be sure to check out the surrounding area while you’re here!
Although Bryn Mawr is beautiful, the student experience extends far beyond the bounds of campus. Students regularly pop into our quaint downtown area or catch the train into Philadelphia for food and fun.
If you have time during your visit, we recommend exploring Bryn Mawr town and/or Philadelphia to get a better feel for the area and to discover all the great opportunities that await our students!
- Until further notice, because of COVID-19 protocols, visitors are not permitted in dining halls on campus.
Bryn Mawr restaurants
- Drive or walk to Bryn Mawr’s cute downtown area and grab a bite to eat at some of our favorite places:
- Otto by Polpo
- Pho Street
- Xolo Tacos
- Hope’s Cookies (owned by a Bryn Mawr alum!)
- Drive to train into the city to check out some of our favorite Philadelphia restaurants. Please note that you must be fully-vaccinated to dine in Philadelphia.
- And if you want to try a cheesesteak, check out this list of the best cheesesteaks in the city.
- Bryn Mawr College visitors who stay at The Inn at Villanova receive 10% off by using the code BRYMWR at checkout.
- Wyndham Alumnae House bed and breakfast is currently closed with very limited catering service.
Things to do
- See which campus events are open to the public .
- You can also visit our campus exhibitions.
In the city
- There is so much to experience in Philadelphia, but we’ll try to keep this list short. Here are some of the best ways to spend an afternoon in the city
- Visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Go on a site-seeing bus tour
- Explore the Magic Gardens
- Dive into history at the Liberty Bell Center
- Take a selfie at the LOVE sculpture
- Grab a coffee and hang out in Rittenhouse or Washington Square