L.S.W./L.C.S.W. Exam Preparation
Registration Fee: $140
Session Time: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. ET
Delivery: Synchronous Virtual Classroom via Zoom
- Sunday, July 16, 2023 (SESSION IS FULL)
- Sunday, August 13, 2023 (SESSION IS FULL)
- Sunday, October 22, 2023 SESSION IS FULL)
- Sunday, December 3, 2023
- Friday, December 15, 2023
- Sunday, January 28, 2024
- Sunday, February 25, 2024
- Friday, March 15, 2024
- Friday, April 5, 2024
- Saturday, April 6, 2024
- Sunday, May 5, 2024
- Friday, June 7, 2024
- Sunday, July 14 2024
- Saturday, August 10, 2024
- Designed for anyone seeking to prepare themselves for the social work license exam.
- Special attention is given to practice theory, therapeutic strategies, social work values, D.S.M., and diversity sensitive practice.
- Free-standing one-day course that addresses both the master’s (L.S.W.) and clinical (L.C.S.W.) social work license exams.
- Students will explore effective learning techniques that can be applied in studying of exam material.
- Course includes actual practice test questions designed by A.S.W.B.
- Students will have the opportunity to apply various exam strategies to A.S.W.B. test questions and identify which strategy works best for them.
- Course includes opportunity for answer determination discussion.
- Course will discuss managing test anxiety.
- An electronic study manual is provided.
A recent survey of past participants of the prep course revealed a 92.5% exam pass rate after taking this course.
To participate, you will need a stable Internet connection and Zoom. Please visit the Zoom System Requirements site for the technical requirements that you will need. You will receive an email with an invitation to register for the Zoom meeting approximately two weeks prior to your registered session. Once you register on Zoom, you will immediately receive the link to join the meeting on the day/time of the course. You can also visit the Zoom Help Center to learn usage before your scheduled course.
Please Note: Payment for License Exam Prep course trainings is expected at time of registration.
No discounts available for multiple registrations in the prep course.
Ruth Feinblum Conviser, M.S.S., L.C.S.W., has a post-master's Certificate in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy from Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research. She worked in the public mental health system for a number of years in residential treatment, family-based mental health, and as an outpatient clinician with children and families. She founded Growth Solution Counseling, located in Center City Philadelphia, in 2008. She specializes in helping individuals and couples manage anxiety, improve communication skills, and thrive after divorce.
Carmen Moedano, M.S.W., L.C.S.W. is a practicing staff clinician at the University of Pennsylvania’s Counseling & Psychological Services where she is a member of the social work training and supervisory team. Carmen is a PhD Candidate at the Bryn Mawr Graduate School of Social Work & Social Research where she has taught as an adjunct instructor for courses that include Clinical Social Work I & II. She has extensive experience working with diverse populations in a variety of clinical settings that include community behavioral health, hospital inpatient and outpatient care, and private practice. She received her master’s degree in clinical social work from the University of Pennsylvania and her bachelor’s degree in Psychology and Community Health from Brown University. She received additional training through the National Group Psychotherapy Institute at the Washington School of Psychiatry.
If a session date is marked as full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request your name be added to the session waitlist.
- Email must include name, email, phone, and session date(s).
- Payment is not required to add your name to the waitlist.
- Waitlist individuals will be contacted if, and/or when, an opening develops in the session of their choice.
- Waitlist individuals are not guaranteed a seat in the waitlist session.
- Waitlist individuals are encouraged to register for an alternate open date to ensure a seat.
- If an opening develops in a waitlist session, payment made for an alternate date can be 100 percent transferred.