Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Submit an online application
- Master's degree in social work or a related field (must come from an accredited university)
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Graduate GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Two years of post-M.S.W. work experience (recommended, not required)
- Personal statement: a statement describing your reason for pursuing a doctoral education in social work and social research
- Three letters of recommendation (two should be academic references)
- GRE test scores
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and associated challenges with taking the GRE exam, the Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research has decided to make the GRE exam optional for the 2020-2021 admissions cycle.
- Official transcripts (from all colleges and universities attended)
Note: Prior to submitting your application for the Ph.D. program, you must speak with the Director of the Doctoral Program or a member of the faculty. Please contact the Program Director, Cindy Sousa, Ph.D., at email@example.com to schedule the discussion.