This page contains updates on COVID-19 specific to the GSSWSR community. For more information on CDC protocol, updates from the state of Pennsylvania, and more, please click here.
Bryn Mawr College maintains a service disruption page. Please check in here for updates.
Updates from the GSSWSR
- May 31, 2020: Message from Dean Shapiro
- April 3, 2020: Message from Dean Shapiro
- March 27, 2020: Message from Dean Shapiro
- March 23, 2020: Message from Dean Shapiro
- March 17, 2020: Message from Dean Shapiro
Please click here for information and materials regarding blended learning, online coursework, and LITS resources to help community members think through ways of teaching, learning, and collaborating remotely.
Adhering to the public health approach of adopting social distancing in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person field work education has been suspended through the April 17. Field Education will continue remotely until the final day of field, April 17. Field Liaisons will remain available for communication with all students and Field Instructors to support student remote learning plans which are expected to be in effect during this time. It is important to stay engaged with your Field Instructor, as possible, and your Field Liaison in this regard.
Please make use of the Field Education Remote Learning Resources webpage and the School Documents page in Sonia for additional remote learning opportunities, as needed, informing your Field Liaison and Field Instructor of the opportunities you have accessed.
The GSSWSR is committed to working with students, Field Liaisons, and field agencies to develop the most appropriate response in supporting student completion of field and to ensuring that the plans that are being put in place are sufficient to keep students on track with their timelines. We appreciate your efforts as we all work together toward this goal.
Student services, including individual meetings, career, writing, and technical support are available remotely to students. Please email us at the emails listed below, or check out the Student Services Weekly Digest for more resources, contact information, and support.
To schedule a remote meeting for career services, please email email@example.com.
For writing support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your writing questions or to schedule a remote meeting.
Remote meetings for student services are available: to schedule a meeting, please contact our Student Services Coordinator at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Impact on Social Work
- NASW Statement on the US Stimulus Package
- City of Philadelphia: COVID-19
- CDC: COVID-19 and Mental Health
- See the National Association for Social Workers, or NASW, response to COVID-19 and its impact on social workers.
- See the Council on Social Work Education, or CSWE, response to COVID-19 and its impact on social work education.
- Coronavirus tips & resources for parents, children, and others from Prevent Child Abuse America.