GSSWSR COVID-19 health and safety policies are part of the College’s strategies to limit the spread of COVID-19. Visit the Bryn Mawr College COVID-19 Response and the Bryn Mawr College Service Disruption Updates pages for more details and check back here for updates.
Updates from the GSSWSR
- Dec. 22, 2020: Message from Dean Shapiro
- July 8, 2020: Message from Dean Shapiro
- June 12, 2020: Message from Dean Shapiro
- May 31, 2020: Message from Dean Shapiro
- April 3, 2020: Message from Dean Shapiro
- March 27, 2020: Message from Dean Shapiro
- March 23, 2020: Message from Dean Shapiro
- March 17, 2020: Message from Dean Shapiro
Visit the Resources for Remote Field Learning page for information and materials regarding blended learning, online coursework, and LITS resources to help community members think through ways of teaching, learning, and collaborating remotely.
Adhering to the public health approach of adopting social distancing in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person field work education was suspended during the Spring 2020 semester. Field Education continued remotely until the final day of field, April 17, 2020. Field Liaisons remained available for communication with all students and Field Instructors to support student remote learning plans which were in effect during this time.
The Resources for Remote Field Learning page and the School Documents page in Sonia were available for additional remote learning opportunities, as needed. Students were asked to inform their Field Liaison and Field Instructor of the opportunities accessed.
The GSSWSR is working with students, Field Liaisons, and field agencies to support student completion of field education and to ensure students were able to keep on track with their academic timelines.
Student services, including individual meetings, career, writing, and technical support are available remotely to students.
- For career services or writing support, contact Director of Career Services and Writing Coach Sarah Slates at email@example.com or 610-520-2626.
- For GSSWSR student services, please contact our Student Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For GSSWSR-related technical support or field education support, contact the Field Education Office at email@example.com or 610-520-2601.
- For general technical support requests, contact Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Impact on Social Work
- NASW Statement on the US Stimulus Package
- City of Philadelphia: COVID-19
- CDC: COVID-19 and Mental Health
- National Association for Social Workers (NASW) response to COVID-19 and its impact on social workers
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) response to COVID-19 and its impact on social work education
- Coronavirus tips and resources for parents, children, and others from Prevent Child Abuse America