Renewing Financial Support

Information for Continuing Students

The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) offers many forms of financial support to continuing students, including fellowships, tuition awards, teaching, research, and curatorial assistantships, and summer stipends. Several named fellowships are also available for exceptionally qualified applicants, which includes the Carland and Farley fellowships. Additionally, many of our advanced students apply for and receive outside support from charitable organizations.

Please read the descriptions of awards available in your program:

How to Apply

Download and complete one of the GSAS financial support applications for your program. Applications for some awards require a supplemental application or materials. Please read the descriptions of awards carefully to determine what is required.

The deadline for support applications is Nov. 18, 2022. Supplemental materials are due Dec. 16, 2022. The deadline for the application for Curatorial Internships is Dec. 12, 2022.

GGACHA Financial Support Application

GGSM Financial Support Application

Things to Keep in Mind

All continuing students must complete a GSAS financial support application each year, even if holding a fellowship that is guaranteed for multiple years

The School, as represented by Graduate Council, has a policy of approving up to seven years of GSAS financial support, including tuition waivers, in order to encourage timely completion of the Ph.D. degree

Tuition Waivers

Tuition waivers (in the form of Course Units, Units of Supervised Work, and Continuing Enrollment) are a form of financial support and must be included in your yearly application for financial support. They also must match your registration for the semester in which they are intended. If you register differently from your award, a bill will be generated for those units that have not been awarded to you. If a change is needed after an award has been made, your Graduate Advisor should contact the GSAS office on your behalf.

Summer Research Funding Form

Summer support is automatically part of the yearly financial support award for all eligible continuing students. Students should refer to their award letter for the amount they can expect. In addition, GSAS and some graduate Departments may provide additional summer support, above the standard amount, for the purpose of assisting students in furthering their research for the M.A. or Ph.D. degree. Additional summer support will be awarded subject to the availability of funds and requires an application (see sidebar). To be eligible, you must be receiving a fellowship, TA-ship or GA-ship during the academic year. Note that any summer support is contingent upon enrolling as a full- or part-time student for the following academic year.

Additional Summer Support Request Form

Outside support

Bryn Mawr's graduate students apply for and win prestigious funding awards from charitable institutions. Click the link below to know more information about outside support.

Outside Support



Tuition and Fees

Tax Forms

Financial Key Contacts

Financial Information for Prospective Students