Bryn Mawr is a global community where nearly 20% of undergraduates are non-U.S. citizens or permanent residents. We welcome all international students with their unique backgrounds and experiences to campus.
Bryn Mawr accepts Early Decision (fall and winter), Regular, and transfer applications. See which application plan is best for you! Admissions and Financial Aid applications are due at the same time.
Early Decision: November 15 or January 1
Applying Early Decision is a binding agreement meant for students with a clear first-choice college.
Regular Decision: January 15
Regular Decision is a great option for students who don’t have a clear first-choice college or who may need to compare different financial aid packages.
We know that you are more than just what you do in the classroom, so we use a holistic review process to get to know the whole you when reading your application.
To be considered for admission, we require:
- Common Application
- Bryn Mawr Writing Supplement
- Official transcripts
- Students in an international curriculum (International Baccalaureate, IGCSE, A-level, French Baccalaureate, etc.) must submit a copy of all available transcripts and exam results for the last four years of school. This is the equivalent of grades 9-12 in an American system. If you have already graduated, you must also submit an official copy of your school leaving exam results and certificate (KCSE in Kenya, SEE/SLC in Nepal, etc.). Chinese students do not need to submit results or certificates from the Zhongzao or Gaokao.
- Two teacher recommendations
- School counselor recommendation
- English proficiency test results
- Mid-year report
- No mid-year report before January 15? No problem. We will still accept your application as long as the rest of your file is complete; however, we will need your mid-year report by February 15 to make a final decision.
- If you have already graduated, we will need your final transcript.
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Standardized test results (optional)
- Interview (optional)
- Because of the volume of requests, Bryn Mawr cannot accommodate alumnae/i or virtual interviews in China. As an alternative, you may arrange an interview with InitialView. We realize there is a cost for this service. While interviews are strongly encouraged, they are not required. Interviews must be completed by the deadline under which you are applying.
- Arts supplement (optional)
- Arts supplements in music, theater, dance, and creative writing can be submitted through the Common Application Art Supplement (SlideRoom).
- Financial Aid application (optional)
- If you are interested in institutional, need-based financial aid, you must submit a financial aid application at the same time as your admissions application. If you do not apply for institutional financial aid at that time, you cannot apply in subsequent years.
- Merit aid is not available for non-U.S. citizens.