Auditions for Bi-Co Orchestra, Chamber Music, and Private Instrumental Study
Contact: Prof. Heidi Jacob, Director of Orchestral and Instrumental Studies, 610-896-1010, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register to audition by selecting the link for the instrument(s) for which you would like to audition.
Sunday, Sept. 5, 2021 | Bryn Mawr College, Music Room, Goodhart Hall
- Strings | Sunday, Sept. 5, 2021 | 2 - 5 p.m. | Music Room, Goodhart Hall
Monday, Sept. 6, 2021 | Haverford College, Roberts Hall
- Piano (private study and Chamber Music or Orchestra) | Monday, Sept. 6, 2021 | 2 - 5 p.m. | Quartet Room
- Percussion | Monday, Sept. 6, 2021 | 4 - 5 p.m. | Jaharis Recital Hall
- Brass | Monday, Sept. 6, 2021 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | Classroom 200
- Flute | Monday, Sept. 6, 2021 | 7 - 9 p.m. | Quartet Room
- Woodwinds | Monday, Sept. 6, 2021 | 7:30-9 p.m. | Classroom 200
- Strings | Monday, Sept. 6, 2021 | 7-10 p.m. | Jaharis Recital Hall
Please contact Prof. Heidi Jacob at email@example.com to schedule an alternative audition time due to Rosh Hashanah or other unavoidable conflicts.
The Orchestra currently has over seventy members and performs a wide range of repertoire. The group normally performs twice a year and also performs with the Haverford-Bryn Mawr Chorale.
The chamber music program is open to all instrumentalists who have auditioned for Orchestra. Pianists must pass a separate audition.
Visit the Instrumental Study page for more info.
Auditions for Bi-Co Chorale, Chamber Singers, and Private Voice Lessons
Contact: Prof. Nate Zullinger, Director of Choral and Vocal Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2021 | 1 - 5 p.m. | Haverford College: Room 212, Roberts Hall
- Monday, Aug. 30, 2021 | 4 - 7 p.m. | Haverford College: Room 212, Roberts Hall
- Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2021 | 2 - 5 p.m. | Haverford College: Room 212, Roberts Hall
Please contact Prof. Nathan Zullinger at email@example.com to schedule an alternative audition time due to unavoidable conflicts.
Bi-Co Chamber Singers
The Chamber Singers of Haverford and Bryn Mawr Colleges, a mixed choir of 24-28 voices, perform challenging repertoire ranging from the Renaissance to the present day in a variety of languages and styles.
The Chorale is a Wednesday night institution in bi-college life. An oratorio choir of 120 singers, the Chorale performs a major work with orchestra each semester under the direction of Nathan Zullinger.
Private Study Voice Lessons
Students can take private voice lessons for one-half graded credit per semester, either with one of our teachers who regularly teach on campus and whose credentials are approved by the Music Department.
Visit the Choral and Vocal Study page for more info.
Auditions for Bi-Co Jazz Ensembles
Contact: Leo Dugan, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Students interested in the Jazz Ensembles at Haverford should contact Leo Dugan at email@example.com. All instruments/voices welcome.
The Bi-College Jazz Ensembles normally rehearse on a weekly basis at Haverford, and present at least one recital at the end of each semester. Rehearsals focus on performance, instrumental/vocal technique, and improvisation, as applied to a diverse jazz repertoire.
Visit Applied Music Study and Ensembles to learn more about Chorale, Chamber Singers, Orchestra, and Chamber Music, and private vocal and instrumental study.