Feb. 9 and Feb. 10, Multiple Locations on BMC Campus
Sisterhood* invites the entire Bryn Mawr community to its event series for Black History Month called Perceptions of Blackness – Our Past and Present at Bryn Mawr. The series includes meals, a panel, a lecture, a tour, and more!
The following is the schedule for the event series:
Friday, Feb. 9
- 5:45-6:45PM: Dinner with Student Leaders and Alumnae/i. Happening at Dorothy Vernon Room.
- 7-8:30PM: Career Panel for Current Students. Happening at Dorothy Vernon Room.
Saturday, Feb. 10
- 9:30-10AM: Breakfast and Welcome from Millie Bond ’05, Director of Alumnae Relations
- 10-11:30AM: Perceptions from the African Diaspora: Disrupting Past Narratives of Art, History, and Culture from the African Diaspora: Lectures by Sheila Walker ’66 and Monique Scott, Bryn Mawr College Director of Museum Studies, followed by audience conversation facilitated by Olivia Porte ’18. Happening at Wyndham Alumnae House.
- 11:30AM-12:30PM: “Black at Bryn Mawr” Tour and Panel Discussion: A discussion of the eviolution and the continued work on the “Black at Bryn Mawr” Tour (weather permitting) with Jada Caesar ’20 and Christiana Dobrzynski, Bryn Mawr College Archivist. Happening at Dorothy Vernon Room.
- 12:30-2PM: Working Lunch: Bring your photos, college mementos, and stories to add to the College’s photo archives, facilitated by Kerstin Gray ’01, Alexis Wiltshire ’17, and student volunteers. Happening at Dorothy Vernon Room.
- 2-3PM: Then and Now: A Discussion with Past and Present Black Leaders of Bryn Mawr: Current students leaders can share their experiences and hear from alumnae/I leaders about Bryn Mawr College’s past. Happening at Dorothy Vernon Room.
- 3-3:30PM: Closing Remarks: Discussion of next steps.
Questions? Contact Anisha Thornabar (email@example.com).