Application due Jan. 31
CAUSE, a Pasadena, California nonprofit that advances the political empowerment of the Asian Pacific American community, is recruiting students for CLA, which teaches students the importance of civic engagement and political participation.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The CAUSE Leadership Academy (CLA), which was formerly the California Asian American Student Internship Coalition (CASIC), was founded in 1991 in order to develop a pipeline of leadership for the Asian Pacific American (APA) community. Despite APAs being the fastest growing community in the United States, representation and leadership has not kept pace with the growing and changing demographics.
- Duration: June 19, 2017 – August 18, 2017 (9 weeks)
- Time Commitment: Must be able to commit full time for 40 hours per week. Additional hours to work on a group project will also be required. The number of additional hours will depend on collaborative group efforts.
- Stipend: A stipend of $1,500 will be provided upon satisfactory completion of the program and will serve as reimbursement for expenses accrued throughout the program’s duration.
- Housing: Accepted interns are required to secure their own housing in Southern California for the duration of their internship. Interns are highly encouraged to seek housing opportunities together.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
- All applications will be reviewed and top candidates will be asked to participate in a personal interview with the CAUSE Leadership Academy Interview Committee.
- Top candidates will interview either on Saturday, February 18, 2017 or Saturday, February 25, 2017 at the CAUSE office located in Pasadena, CA.
- Applicants should plan in advance and leave their schedules open for those two days.
- Decisions will be made towards the beginning of March.
Questions? Contact Tanya Edmilao at (626) 356-9838 or email@example.com.