Post-graduation plans: Danielle will be working in HIV research at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in Bethesda, MD.
Danielle on her Bryn Mawr experience: I’m grateful that Bryn Mawr has allowed me to carve out my own experience, as well as provided me with so much financial support and resources to make those experiences possible. I’ve had highs and lows here, but I’m fortunate to have wonderful friends, professors, and mentors who supported me through it all.
Major: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Key Bryn Mawr experiences:
- Semester abroad at King’s College London
- Playing flute in the Bi-College orchestra, chamber music, and chorale orchestra
- TA-ing chemistry lab
- Meeting and working with BMC alumnae/i in the medical/research fields
- Performing in and co-directing the Bi-College fall student dance concert
- Working as a community tutor/mentor through LILAC’s community based work study
- Being a part of the Asian American student association and performing in the culture show
- Participating in LEAP—LILAC’s leadership development program
- Conducting senior thesis research in CHOP’s mitochondrial medicine frontier program
Hometown: San Diego, CA
Members of the Class of 2019, we want to know what you've got planned for life after Bryn Mawr! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can include a photo of yourself or let us know if you'd like to have a photo taken. We'll be sharing selected profiles on the College's website and social media channels in the weeks leading up to Commencement.