Post-graduation plans: Radhika will be spending the summer with her brother in San Francisco at the University of California, Berkeley, before moving back to India in August to work as a Psychology Intern at Fortis Healthcare’s Mental Health Department in New Delhi.
Radhika on her Bryn Mawr Experience: "I believe that Bryn Mawr taught me the simplest of life lessons such as caring for other people, standing by what I believe in, discovering my passion, following my instincts and working with difficult people through several challenges and experiences. Whether it was having a small chat with the housekeeping at Lusty in the early hours of morning after pulling an all-nighter to finish a paper or working with my Dean and professors through arduous semesters while balancing life and friends — looking back, it amazes me on how much I’ve grown as a person, academically and mentally. My professors and peers at Bryn Mawr have always pushed me to achieve the potential they saw in me by taking a vast array of classes in Psychology, Health, Philosophy, Anthropology, and Film; while also helping me overcome the struggles of the harsh winters and being very far from home and family. I will always be grateful to the Bryn Mawr College community for making me the person I am today. Anassa Kata!"
Minor: Health Studies & Neuroscience
Key Bryn Mawr Experiences:
- Observership/Externship Programs at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Hispanic Community Counseling Center
- Worked on an NIH Grant Proposal for caffeine being neuro-protective on Alzheimer's Disease (Haverford College)
- Worked on an NSF Grant Proposal for mindfulness as a stress reduction and cognitive therapy in adolescents who face early childhood adversity (Haverford College)
- Tutor for Beginner & Intermediate Hindi for 1 year at University of Pennsylvania
- Psychology & Language courses at the University of Pennsylvania
- Publicist at Mayuri
Hometown: Mumbai, India
Members of the Class of 2019, we want to know what you've got planned for life after Bryn Mawr! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can include a photo of yourself or let us know if you'd like to have a photo taken. We'll be sharing selected profiles on the College's website and social media channels in the weeks leading up to Commencement.