Class of 2022: Esther Kim
April 22, 2022
Name: Esther Kim
Major: Comparative Literature, Political Science, French & Francophone Studies
Hometown: Tunis, Tunisia (but born in Daegu, South Korea!)
Key Bryn Mawr Experiences:
- Completing three majors, one concentration, and two theses (in one semester)!
- Fantastic colleagues and supervisor in the Peer Tutoring program as a Training and Development Coordinator
- Arabic TA and peer tutor since Freshmen year
- French Major Rep, macarons during major info sessions, and @pensezfrançais!
- Hours of fun and inspiring conversations during professors' office hours
- WTF Week and my first May Day (before the pandemic!)
- Weekend Brunches with friends at New Dorm!
Post-graduation plans: I'll be continuing my research in multilingualism and Amazigh literature in North Africa as a Neubauer Fellow in the Comparative Literature Ph.D Program at the University of Chicago.
People you want to thank: I'm most grateful for the lovely connections I have made with the faculty across disciplines and departments. I truly could not have come this far without the support and guidance from Prof. Edwige Crucifix, Prof. Manar Darwish, Prof. Nathaniel Shils, Prof. Khaled Al-Masri, and so many more! I would also like to thank Assistant Dean Rachel Heiser for fostering our partnership (and friendship!) as members of the Tutor Supervisory Committee--you have made work so fun! Finally, special thanks to God for being my rock during these past four years, and I'm forever grateful for my family and friends for sustaining and supporting me.
Members of the Class of 2022, we want to hear from you! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a photo of yourself and let us know what you have planned for life after Bryn Mawr, who you'd like to thank, words of wisdom, or whatever else you'd like to say. We'll be sharing selected profiles on the College's website and social media channels over the next few weeks.