Name: Hannah Nye
Major: Environmental Studies and Growth and Structure of Cities, focus area in Food Systems
Hometown: Schenectady, NY
Key Bryn Mawr Experiences: (in the past these have been bulleted lists of things like athletics team membership, club memberships, etc.)
- Participating in the Borderlands 360 Course Cluster in Fall 2019 during which I took some of my favorite courses and went on a field study to China's Yunnan Province to learn about the borderlands environmental experience
- Being on the Swim Team all four years and getting to go on training trips to Puerto Rico and Tampa, Florida
- Creating a collaborative cookbook as my final for my Black and Asian Foodways course at Haverford
- Being a sustainability coordinator for the college, during which I helped to plan Earth Week and managed sustainability data and Sustainability Leadership Group meetings
- Acting as Secretary for Bryn Mawr's Feminist Coalition
- Working as a teaching assistant for Environmental Studies and as a major representative for Cities
- Having curricula filled with field trips and food tastings
- Working on campus as a lifeguard, mail clerk, and lantern van driver
- Growing food crops in my dorm room for my remote Swarthmore class
- Falling in love with Philadelphia
Post-graduation plans: I will be moving to Philly, working as a Barista/Baker at Menagerie Coffee, and getting some needed rest.
People you want to thank: My mom; my partner, Evan Stowe; all of my friends, especially Angelica Cordova and Emily Shein; my coworkers and classmates; and many faculty from the Bi-Co especially Jonathan Wilson, Jennifer Hurley, Don Barber, Sydne Record, Lauren Restrepo, Min Kyung Lee, and Sara Grossman.
Message for the rest of the Class of 2022: We have had a wild ride over the past four years! Wishing you all happiness, healing, and fun in your journeys. Stay in touch!
What will you remember most about your time at Bryn Mawr?
Late nights sitting with friends on the floor in the nooks of Rockefeller Hall, huddled around a steaming Styrofoam container of cheese fries from CampCo.
Members of the Class of 2022, we want to hear from you! Drop us a note at email@example.com. Include a photo of yourself and let us know what you have planned for life after Bryn Mawr, who you'd like to thank, words of wisdom, or whatever else you'd like to say. We'll be sharing selected profiles on the College's website and social media channels over the next few weeks.