The below was sent by Head Swim Coach Nikki Whitlock on Feb. 24
The Bryn Mawr College Athletics Department will be offering American Red Cross Lifeguard certification (or re-certification) course this spring.
Course Prerequisites are:
* Must be 15 years of age on or before the final scheduled session of this course
* Must successfully complete:
- 300 yards of continuous swimming demonstrating breaststroke and freestyle
- swim 20 yards using freestyle or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve 10-lb object, return to surface,
swim 20 yards back to starting point
- tread water for 2 minutes
Tuesday, March 15, 6:30-7:30pm (Prerequisite test)
Thursday, March 18, 6:30-9:00pm
Friday, March 18, 6:30-9:30pm
Saturday, March 19, 10:30-12:30pm
Sunday, March 20, 10:30-1:30pm
Monday, March 21, 6:30-9:00pm
Tuesday, March 22, 6:30-9:00pm
Full Lifeguard Training & First-Aid and CPR cost: $250 PE credits: 2
Re-certification of Lifeguard Training & First-Aid and CPR cost: $75 PE credits: 1
Schedule will be abbreviated from full certification course schedule.
Payment should be made at the first class. You may pay in cash or by check made payable to: Bryn Mawr College
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.