Major: Computer Science and Mathematics
Key Bryn Mawr Experiences:
- President & Portfolio Committee member of Owl Investment Group
- Competing for Adirondack Competition in 2017 and 2019
- 2017 Summer Internship at a startup in Beijing, China funded by LILAC
- Mathematics Teaching Assistant
- Pensby Center Student Receptionist
- Collier Library Circulation Assistant
- Taking a year off from school and doing a research in Seoul National University in South Korea
- 4+1 Engineering Program at University of Pennsylvania
- Management Intensive, Finance Intensive
- Externship at City of Austin Fire Department in Austin, Texas
Hometown: Gwangmyeong, South Korea
Post-graduation Plans: I will be working as an Analytical Solutions Engineer Intern at Facebook this summer remotely. I will also continue pursuing an M.S.E. in Robotics at the University of Pennsylvania as part of 4+1 Engineering program this Fall.
Words of wisdom for the Class of 2024:
Don't be afraid to explore other fields and opportunities while at Bryn Mawr that can lead you to a totally unexpected but very surprisingly pleasant space. When applying to Bryn Mawr, I confidently chose International Studies as my intended major. Never have I imagined to major in Mathematics and Computer Science, never have I imagined to pursue a master in Engineering at Penn, and never have I imagined to make best friends in Owl Investment Group. Embrace all the ups and downs and anticipate where those challenges can take you. Even if you feel a need to take a break, don't be afraid - and take as much time you need to get back on track. I was able to meet best mentors I could ever ask for when I took a year off from school.
Also take as much as resources that Bryn Mawr provides you. Thanks to Bryn Mawr, I was able to have one of the best summers exploring China and experiencing startup cultures; thanks to Bryn Mawr, I was able to observe a beautiful moment when a Bryn Mawr alum pronounced her retirement to her team at work, and her family and herself getting ready for her next journey.
I wish you all the best, and most importantly enjoy your next few years in such a beautiful place like Bryn Mawr!
Members of the Class of 2020, we want to hear from you! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a photo of yourself and let us know what you have planned for life after Bryn Mawr, who you'd like to thank, words of wisdom, or whatever else you'd like to say. We'll be sharing selected profiles on the College's website and social media channels over the next few weeks.