CommunityWelcoming and SupportiveStudents gather in the Math Lounge to work through a tough problem together.
AcademicsNationally RecognizedRecipient of the 2012 American Mathematical Society's Award for an Exemplary Program or Achievement in a Mathematics Department.Read more
FacultyEngaged Teachers and ResearchersProfessor Paul Melvin meets with students for an informal problem session.Learn more about the math faculty
Extracurricular ActivitiesAnnual Welcome Back ToastStudents and faculty gather in September to kick off the year.
CareersWhy Study Math?What do you want to do? Do math, and you can do anything.Read About Math Careers
FacultyMath and MoreProf. Erica Graham '04 knows firsthand how the focus on liberal arts enriches the Bryn Mawr math major experience.Watch the Video
Extracurricular ActivitiesMath Appreciation WeekThe Bryn Mawr Math Department hosts a Möebius Bagel Brunch.
The Math Department at Bryn Mawr is a vibrant and supportive community with a program that has been nationally recognized by the American Mathematical Society.
As an undergraduate studying mathematics at Bryn Mawr, you will:
- join a diverse and welcoming community of undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty;
- have the opportunity to take courses at a wide variety of levels, from quantitative skills through graduate-level mathematics;
- take part in a rich array of enjoyable extracurricular activities and events;
- learn mathematics from faculty who are both exceptional teachers and active research mathematicians;
- be exposed to a broad spectrum of subjects including financial mathematics, number theory, topology, and mathematical modeling of sustainability and of biological processes;
- gain valuable skills, opening opportunities for exciting careers after graduation.
Further, you can:
- do research with an individual faculty member and write an honors thesis;
- be mentored in applying for summer research or internships, study abroad programs, graduate schools, and more;
- challenge yourself with graduate courses;
- complete a combined A.B./M.A. degree in four years;
- find a new home away from home.