Welcome to Mathematics at Bryn Mawr College!
The Math Department at Bryn Mawr is a vibrant and supportive community with a program that has been nationally recognized by the American Mathematical Society.
As an undergraduate studying mathematics at Bryn Mawr, you will:
- join a diverse and welcoming community of undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty;
- have the opportunity to take courses at a wide variety of levels, from quantitative skills through graduate-level mathematics;
- take part in a rich array of enjoyable extracurricular activities and events;
- learn mathematics from faculty who are both exceptional teachers and active research mathematicians;
- be exposed to a broad spectrum of subjects including financial mathematics, number theory, topology, and mathematical modeling of sustainability and of biological processes;
- gain valuable skills, opening opportunities for exciting careers after graduation.
Further, you can:
- do research with an individual faculty member and write an honors thesis;
- be mentored in applying for summer research or internships, study abroad programs, graduate schools, and more;
- challenge yourself with graduate courses;
- complete a combined A.B./M.A. degree in four years;
- find a new home away from home.