The Katharine E. McBride Scholars are students 24 and older who are in the process of beginning or completing their college education. McBride Scholars participate in the same classes and programs as students of traditional college age.
Admitted students are able to enroll part-time and have access to financial aid.
While we do our best to provide on-campus housing for McBride Scholars, housing is not guaranteed. We will address each student's request on a case-by-case basis.
Nontraditional (24 years or older) and transfer students can apply for fall admission each year.
Admissions and Financial Aid applications are due at the same time.
We know that you are more than just what you do in the classroom, so we use a holistic review process to get to know the whole you when reading your application. To be considered for admission, we require:
- Transfer Common Application
- Bryn Mawr Writing Supplement (hint: we ask you about your legacy)
- Final high school transcript or GED equivalent
- College transcripts (if applicable)
- Two professor recommendations
- If you have been out of school for more than three years, we will accept non-academic recommendations.
The following items are optional for most applicants.
- Standardized test results (optional for U.S. citizens and permanent residents)
- Arts supplement
- Arts supplements in music, theater, dance, and creative writing can be submitted through the Common Application Art Supplement (SlideRoom).
- Financial Aid application
- If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident interested in institutional, need-based financial aid, you must submit a financial aid application at the same time as your admissions application. If you do not apply for institutional financial aid at that time, you cannot apply in subsequent years.