The Office of Admissions at Bryn Mawr College understands that the campus visit is a key part of the college search process. Our prospective students tell us that their visit experience here is transformative—they leave Bryn Mawr with a new perspective of themselves and what they want from their college experience.
We also recognize that cost can be a prohibitive factor when it comes to visiting colleges. Through our Fly-In Programs, Bryn Mawr is committed to making the visit experience a possibility for students with academic potential and a desire to be a part of a community of passionate learners. We offer a limited number of travel scholarships in the fall of each year for students who are unable to afford the expense of traveling to campus. The travel scholarship covers individual round-trip transportation, all meals, and accommodations while they are a guest on campus.
Bryn Mawr is committed to identifying and enrolling students who represent a diversity of cultural, educational, and geographic experiences. The Travel Scholar and Road Scholar Programs are designed to support high school students who come from historically underrepresented backgrounds, including African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, and First-Generation students. Compelling candidates have demonstrated interest in women’s education and will exhibit the core characteristics of a Bryn Mawr student: a driven and passionate learner; one who is inspired by and celebrates differences; and who seeks to transform themselves, their community, and the world.
Travel Scholar Program
Dates for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle are not currently available. Please check back at a later date for more information.
During the program, Travel Scholars will attend various admissions workshops, academic panels, and social events.
To be eligible for the program, students must:
- Reside in the U.S. or its associate territories
- Be enrolled as a high school junior in the spring of 2022
- Complete the Travel Scholar Program application
- Submit a school transcript
- Counselor recommendation (optional)
Sample Travel Scholar Program Schedule
6:30 p.m.: Welcome
7-8:20 p.m.: Application Workshops. Students select one workshop per session.
- Session 1: 7-7:40 p.m.
- Essay Writing Workshop or Application Overview
- Session 2: 7:45-8:20 p.m.
- Activities Workshop or Interview Tips
10-11 a.m.: Information Session
1-2 p.m.: Academic Life Session
2:15-3:15 p.m.: Student Life Jeopardy
3:15 PM: Closing
Students must be available for programming on both days.
Road Scholar Program
Dates for the 2021-2020 Road Scholars Program are now available!
The Road Scholar Programs are designed to support high school seniors who come from historically underrepresented backgrounds, including African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, and First-Generation students. Please join us to learn more about Bryn Mawr through attendance at one of the following special-interest sessions:
- Oct. 27th - Social Justice: The Bryn Mawr community is committed to advocacy work on our campus and beyond. Join us as leaders share how social justice work has been integral in their Bryn Mawr experience.
- Nov. 4th - Black @ Bryn Mawr: Black @ Bryn Mawr highlights the past and present experiences of African American students.
- Nov. 12th - Mix and Mingle: Come mingle with some of the leaders of our Alliance of Multicultural Organizations and department major representatives.
All sessions take place from 7-8 p.m, eastern time.