Visit Special Collections
Individual Researcher Visits to Collections
Special Collections is open Monday through Friday 12:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. and by appointment. We are open to students, staff, faculty, and the general public. Students are strongly encouraged to consult with Special Collections staff in advance of their visit and to make an appointment at least one day in advance of when they want to do research. For researchers outside of the Bryn Mawr/Haverford/Swarthmore College communities, please see below.
2022-2023 Regulations for Visiting Researchers
- People from outside of the Bryn Mawr/ Haverford/ Swarthmore College communities are welcome to do research in Special Collections.
- Visiting Researchers are required to observe the College's requirements for Visitors, found on the College's website. Special Collections staff will point visitors to current College requirements.
- Visitors are not required to wear masks according to College requirements, but we ask that visitors consider wearing a mask to help protect them and our staff. Masks are available upon request.
- Visitors must consult with Special Collections staff in advance of their visit to identify collections they wish to use, to schedule an appointment, and to determine if their work can be done remotely using digitized collections.
Class Visits to Collections
Special Collections staff are available to work with Bi-Co faculty to make teaching with collections possible. Class meetings in our seminar room, online classes, prerecorded presentations, and scheduled appointments for individual students to work with materials first hand are all available. Schedule an appointment online or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assignments Using Collections
Faculty are encouraged to develop assignments that incorporate collections. Students may visit collections independently for this purpose, but please contact Special Collections staff at least two weeks in advance to determine the best way to manage this.
Class Visits to Exhibitions
For information about group tours or visits, please contact contact us at email@example.com or 610-526-6576. Advanced notice of two weeks is appreciated.
Please include the following information in your email or voicemail:
- Group name (college and class title)
- Expected number of participants
- Faculty name, phone number, and email
- Exhibition you’d like to view
- Preferred date and time for your tour
- Special needs your group might have
The gallery's regular hours are 10 a.m.–4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
See what is currently on view.
Attend Friday Finds Programs
Special Collections typically offers a variety of programs in support of its collections and exhibitions almost every Friday at noon.
Friday Finds can also be an opportunity for students to present research they've done on materials in Special Collections as part of a course assignment or independently. Please contact Special Collections staff if interested.