Preregister on Bionic ASAP
Interested in using your language skills to work on translation and social justice with women in the Democratic Republic of Congo? This Praxis course is partnering with World Pulse, an action media network which supports grassroots women change leaders through media and empowerment training. This course will specifically work with the women leaders in the Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo who advocate for an end to violence against women.
What will students do to support World Pulse?
- Native/near native English speakers will translate stories submitted to World Pulse from French to English.
- Native French speakers will translate outreach materials from English to French to help Congolese women participate fully in World Pulse’s programs.
What is the language requirement?
- Students should be native/near native English speakers and have completed at least French 101.
What is the time commitment?
- Four hours/week of translation work with World Pulse.
- Two hours/week of readings, meetings with Professor Peysson-Zeiss, and initial translation training sessions.
If you have any questions, please contact Professor Peysson-Zeiss (email@example.com).