Post-graduation Plans: Rina Patel will be a member of the junior staff on the United States Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, Minority Office, with ranking member Senator McCaskill.
Rina on her Bryn Mawr experience: "Bryn Mawr made me strong and taught me how to problem solve to make things happen to positively impact my community. I’m so grateful for the lessons I learned both in and out of the classroom during my time at Bryn Mawr. Bryn Mawr taught me the power of women and how to seize the day and not let anything hold you back. I’ll cherish the relationships I made with my peers, professors, and alumnae/i as these relationships helped shape me into a woman I’m proud to be.”
Major: Growth and Structure of Cities
Minor: Environmental Studies
Key Bryn Mawr experiences:
- Being in the first Climate Change 360 trip to Frieburg, Germany, during the 2015 fall semester
- Working as a tour guide and senior interviewer in admissions, and participating in prospective student and admitted student events
- Conducting an independent study in environmental studies with Professor Don Barber that turned into an externship at Comcast Sustainability Office with Susan Jin Davis ’86 and Alexandra Wiegel ’16
- Participating in a winter externship with U.S House of Representatives and Laurie Saroff ’90, and being hosted by Carly Kelly ’96 and her family
- Internship with Joanna Underwood ’62 and her non-profit, Energy Vision, in New York City
- Traveling to the United Nations headquarters in Geneva as a Youth for Human Rights representative of the United Nations Association of America
- Studying abroad in Sao Paulo (Brazil), Cape Town (South Africa), and Ahmedabad (India), through the International Honors program during the 2016 fall semester
- Serving on the hiring committee for the chief enrollment officer as an undergraduate representative
Hometown: Buffalo Grove, Illinois.
Members of the Class of 2018, we want to know what you've got planned for life after Bryn Mawr! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can include a photo of yourself or let us know if you'd like to have a photo taken. We'll be sharing selected profiles on the College's website and social media channels in the weeks leading up to Commencement.