Post-graduation plans: Liana will be spending the summer working as Teen Outreach Educator for Shalom Bayit, a Berkeley, CA-based organization that seeks to foster social change and a collective response to domestic violence within the Jewish community. She will then be moving to Washington, D.C. to complete a year-long fellowship with Avodah Service Corps, where she will be working as an Intake and Helpline Outreach Coordinator at First Shift Justice Project, a nonprofit organization that helps working mothers in low wage jobs assert their workplace rights to prevent job loss.
Liana on her Bryn Mawr experience: "I'm so grateful for the academic support and inspiration that I've found at Bryn Mawr and Haverford. I was able to pursue a broad range of my interests and combine most of them into my senior English thesis! I can't thank all my excellent professors enough, particularly Jennifer Harford-Vargas in the English department; Enrique Sacerio-Garí in the Spanish department; and Jerry Miller and Qrescent Mali Mason in Haverford's philosophy department. I owe the curious, confident, academically capable person I am today to them!"
Minors: Spanish and Philosophy (at Haverford)
Key Bryn Mawr experiences:
- Co-founding Bi-Co Jews for Inclusion, an independent Jewish group on campus
- Being captain of the Bi-Co Gymnastics Club four years in a row
- Working as a teaching assistant in the Spanish department for two years
- Producing three fabulous magazines as submissions editor of Nimbus Literary Arts Magazine
- Summer 2018 internship through Haverford's CPGC at Balance AC, a Mexico City-based organization that advocates for reproductive rights of women and girls in Mexico
- Being a customs person
- Driving the Lantern Van for three years
Hometown: Berkeley, California
Members of the Class of 2019, we want to know what you've got planned for life after Bryn Mawr! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can include a photo of yourself or let us know if you'd like to have a photo taken. We'll be sharing selected profiles on the College's website and social media channels in the weeks leading up to Commencement.