COVID Policies for Fall 2022
The below message was sent on Aug. 1, 2022.
Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff:
We look forward to the beginning of the semester in a few weeks. You can now find our COVID-19 guidelines for 2022-23 posted to the website. Our approach continues to be informed by public health guidance from medical experts and from the Montgomery County Department of Health, which works closely with college campuses. We are also closely coordinating with Haverford College.
Our approach is framed by the following principles.
- The College will operate as fully in-person unless a change in circumstances dictates otherwise.
- Bryn Mawr is a community of mutual care where community members place others’ physical health and emotional well-being on par with their own.
- The College will continue to take steps to mitigate transmission. To reduce the seriousness of illness, the College will rely on vaccination, symptom-checking, strong ventilation in public and educational spaces, the effectiveness of one-way masking (particularly with KN95 or KF94 masks that provide increased protection over medical masks if worn properly) for those that want to further decrease risk, and the greater availability of treatments.
- Individuals have agency to manage their personal risk as they already do beyond the Bryn Mawr campus.
- As in the past, our COVID guidelines are subject to change as we continue to monitor the path of the virus and community health.
Starting on Monday, August 15th the College will move to a “mask-friendly” policy in all campus indoor spaces. Mask-friendly means that we will support those who want to wear masks, but they will not be required. Part of being mask-friendly means that hosts of gatherings may set expectations for masking at events, inclusive of faculty in their classrooms and other learning spaces. We encourage hosts (including faculty) to establish masking expectations collaboratively.
Dean Walters, Dean Horsey, and Provost Harte will be sending a follow up communication to students and faculty respectively to provide more information about guidelines particular to them.
We wish you an enjoyable rest of the summer and look forward to the academic year ahead.
Campus Operations Team: Nina Bisbee, Kim Cassidy, Kari Fazio, Reggie Jones, Beth Kotarski, Julia McLaughlin, Angie Sheets, Jennifer Walters