The below message was emailed on August 31, 2023
Dear Bryn Mawr College Campus Community,
As the new academic year begins, we wanted to offer a few updates regarding Covid. While there has been a recent uptick in cases across the country and in the state, our local PA counties remain at a LOW incidence level. This can change at any time, but it is believed that the waning immunity of vaccines and natural immunity is driving the recent increase. The current variants of the virus are responsive to testing and treatment, and do not appear to be causing more severe illness than the previous variants. Hospitalizations, while remaining low, are increasing for those in the 65+ age range and immunocompromised individuals.
We wanted to remind you of some important health practices which can help to decrease the spread of Covid and other respiratory illnesses:
- good hand-washing technique with soap and water or hand sanitizer
- cover your cough and sneeze
- wear a face mask if you are ill with symptoms of Covid or if you have been a close contact of someone who has tested positive
- BMC’s Covid protocols are available on our website: https://www.brynmawr.edu/inside/offices-services/human-resources/covid-mitigation-guidelines.
- Please remember to contact the Medical Services at 610-526-7360 (students) or your primary care provider (faculty/staff) for guidance if you test positive or develop symptoms.
We will be partnering once again with Walmart Pharmacy Services this fall to provide annual flu vaccination. Along with the flu vaccination, we anticipate that Walmart will be able to offer the newest Covid booster during this event. Please check your email in the coming weeks for the date and times Walmart will be on campus.
As always, Bryn Mawr remains a caring and supportive community. Please support those who choose or need to wear a mask because of Covid or other respiratory viruses such as flu, as the fall progresses. Together, we can continue to respond to illnesses to limit circulation among our community members.
Beth Kotarski, DNP, CRNP-BC
Medical Services Director
Bryn Mawr College
Chief Financial Officer and Chief Administrative Officer
Bryn Mawr College