Application Plans & Deadlines
- Early Decision I: November 15
- Early Decision II: January 1
- Regular Decision: January 15
Applicants interested in need-based financial aid must submit a financial aid application at the same time as their admissions application. To be considered for financial aid, you must apply before your first year at Bryn Mawr. If you do not apply for financial aid before your first year, you cannot apply in subsequent years. For more information, visit the Financial Aid website.
Applying Early Decision
As a first-year applicant, you have the opportunity to apply Early Decision. Applying Early Decision is a great option for students who are fully committed to attending Bryn Mawr College. Please note that Early Decision plans are binding and you must enroll at Bryn Mawr if offered admission. Applicants are required to submit an Early Decision Agreement signed by the student, counselor, and parent/guardian.
If you apply under Early Decision at Bryn Mawr, you may not apply under Early Decision at any other institution; however, you may apply to other institutions under a Regular Decision plan or a non-binding Early Action plan.
First-year applicants for undergraduate admission must submit:
- Common Application or Coalition Application (fee waived when submitted online)
- Bryn Mawr Writing Supplement
- School report including official transcripts (Homeschool and Alternative Education requirements)
- Two teacher recommendations
- Guidance Counselor recommendation
- Mid-year report
- If your mid-year report is not available until after January 15, we will still accept your application if the rest of your file is complete. We do require your mid-year report in order to issue a final decision.
- Standardized test results
- Final report
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
International students in an international curriculum (International Baccalaureate, IGCSE, A-level, French Baccalaureate, etc.) must submit a copy of all available transcripts and exam results for the last four years of school. This is the equivalent of grades 9-12 in an American system. If you have already graduated, you must also submit an official copy of your school leaving exam results and certificate (KCSE in Kenya, SEE/SLC in Nepal, etc.). Chinese students do not need to submit results or certificates from the Zhongzao or Gaokao.
Transfer and McBride applicants should follow this application process.
Optional Application Components
First-year applicants have the option of submitting the following documentation to supplement their application:
- All applicants are encouraged to interview with an Admissions Officer or an alumna
- Athletes who plan to participate in an NCAA Division III varsity sport but have not connected with a varsity coach may complete the prospective scholar-athlete form
- Applicants are invited to submit arts supplements for consideration via the Common Applications Arts Supplement (SlideRoom). We will only accept submissions for music, theater, dance, and creative writing
Transgender applicants should review our Transgender Policy.