The National Association of Social Workers, Pennsylvania Chapter, has selected Professor Darlyne Bailey of the Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research as the recipient of the 2021 Phyllis Black Lifetime Achievement Award.
Each year, NASW-PA selects a social worker for this statewide award to celebrate a lifetime of achievement. In honoring the Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, NASW-PA recognizes the best social work values and accomplishments demonstrated in the social worker’s lifetime career.
- Make a demonstrable difference in such areas as advocacy for clients/social policy, social work practice, program development, administration, and research
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership
- Contribute to a positive image for the social work profession
- Take risks to achieve outstanding results
- Demonstrate repeated outstanding achievements, as well as recognition beyond the social work profession, contributions of lasting impact, and outstanding creativity
Bailey is dean emeritus at the GSSWSR and Special Assistant to the College President for Community Partnerships. She is also the director of the Social Justice Initiative.
Bryn Mawr's GSSWSR is distinguished by its dedication to fine teaching, attentiveness to individual students, and high academic standards within a liberal arts tradition. Founded in 1915, the GSSWSR has from its inception embraced scholarship, practice, and collaboration within a broad construction of social work and social welfare.