Founded in 1890, the Bryn Mawr Alumnae Association is a grass-roots organization of inspiring and dynamic individuals. From its beginning, a group of dedicated alumnae sought a way to stay connected to the College, expressing keen interest in the curriculum and working to raise money for scholarships. The Association was chartered and incorporated in 1897, "to further the interests and the general welfare" of the College and "to cultivate intimate relations and friendly feelings" among its alumnae.
Today, our mission is to support alumnae as they continue to transform throughout their lives, connecting them to the College and Bryn Mawr community, while enlisting their talents and encouraging their generosity in support of the College.
Anyone who has spent at least one semester as an undergraduate or as a graduate student at Bryn Mawr College, in addition to those receiving degrees or completing four credits while attending as a special student is a member of the Alumnae Association.