Lunch and Learn: How to use Moodle File Scan
Grab your lunch and come to our Lunch and Learn for "bite-sized" tips about building classroom accessibility! We will be discussing how to use Moodle File Scan.
Welcome to the Lunch and Learn series! Every other Monday throughout the academic year, Lunch and Learns will be held over Zoom from 12-12:30 p.m. to provide "bite-sized" tips on how to make your class accessible.
The first half of each session will include a brief presentation or tutorial on one accessibility best practice, and the second half will be discussion-based, leaving space for people to share their own tips and tricks with the group as well as ask questions.
Topics for this year include:
- Understanding How Students Use Assistive Technology
- How to Make an Accessible PowerPoint, Making Multimedia Accessible
- How to Make a Good Scan, How to Make an Accessible PDF, How to Use Moodle File Scan
- How to OCR and Check Reading Order
- UDL in Practice: Tips for Providing Options for Engagement
- UDL in Practice: Tips for Providing Options for Representation
- UDL in Practice: Tips for Providing Options for Action and Expression
- How to Look up Accessible Textbooks
- How to Create an Accessible Worksheet.
These sessions will be recorded and available in Panopto for those unable to attend.
Bryn Mawr College welcomes the full participation of all individuals in all aspects of campus life. Should you wish to request a disability-related accommodation for this event, please contact the event sponsor/coordinator. Requests should be made as early as possible.