Committee on Appointments
The Committee on Appointments is charged with making recommendations to the President, on behalf of the Faculty, with regard to the initial appointments, promotion and reappointment of all ranked Faculty and on the appointment and review of Continuing Non-Tenure-Track Faculty, as well as reviewing cause for removal of tenured Faculty in accordance with Article III, Section 9 of the Plan of Governance.
The Committee also provides procedures for appointments, re-appointments, and promotions. The Faculty Handbook sets forth the procedures for the initial appointment, reappointment and promotion of continuing members of the faculty.
- Janet Ceglowski (Economics) (2014-2018)
- Michelle Francl (Chemistry) (2017-2021)
- Karen Greif (Biology) (2015-2019)
- Homay King (History of Art) (2016-2020)
- Azade Seyhan (German) (2014-2018) (on leave Semester II)
- Sharon Ullman (History) (2015-2019) (Chair)
Former Recent Chairs of the Committee on Appointments are:
- Susan White (Chemistry) (2016-2017)
- Robert Washington (Sociology) (2015-2016)
- Lisa Traynor (Mathematics) (2014-2015)