Welcome to the Writing Center!
The Bryn Mawr College Writing Center offers free, individual consultations on writing and public speaking. The mission of the Writing Center is to bring writing out into the open, support writers as they grow, and promote agency and confidence in the members of our community. Our commitment to serving all community members means acknowledging and working against all forms of exclusion in academia.
Our staff of undergraduate peer tutors and professional ESOL specialists can help you understand the assignment, generate ideas, support your argument, organize your essay or presentation, polish your writing style, and become a better editor.
We provide feedback on:
- Papers in all majors and for all levels of coursework
- Senior theses and capstone projects
- Application essays for internships, fellowships, and grants
- Personal statements for graduate and professional schools
- Formal presentations, poster sessions, fellowship interviews
- Leading or participating in class discussion