Summer Study for Dance Students
Hanna Higgins '22 at the American Dance Festival.
The Dance Study Grant was originally funded by Edith Avilés de Kostes '88 and then continued by a generous donor to support serious students in an intensive summer program of dance study at a nationally or internationally recognized program.
To apply, please submit the following information to the director of the Dance Program by March 20:
- Letter of application stating background, interest, and value of program to your artistic development.
- Text or website information on program to which you have applied or intend to apply.
- An indication of the amount of support you would need.
In the past, students have been supported to study at:
- American Dance Festival
- American Ballet Theater
- Jacob's Pillow
- Pro Danza Italia
- Bill T. Jones Summer intensive
- Urban Bush Women Summer Institute
- Axis Dance Company's Integrated Abilities Program
- David Parsons Summer Dance
- Alvin Ailey Summer Intensive
- The Hip Hop Conservatory of NYC
- Paul Taylor Summer Intensive
- Alonzo King/Lines Summer Program
- Boulder Jazz Dance Workshop
- San Francisco Conservatory of Dance
- Joffrey Summer Program
- BalletX Summer Intensive
Students can also apply through the Career & Civic Engagement Center for internship support. A number of funds are available including The Barbara G. Kaplan '56 and Denise B. Kandel '52 Internship Fund which is designated to support internships in the areas of community and international development, giving preference to internships in the arts or to students to explore non-traditional careers. The Arts Summer Internship Fund supports a summer internship, project, or field experience in or related to the visual or performing arts. Preference goes to proposals that involve working with artists in the creation of art and/or involve learning techniques. Check with the Center about application process at the beginning of the Spring semester. See also Summer Funding.