Our campus is iconic and inspirational, and home to generations of students—while here and forever after. And your campaign dollars have always supported its renewal and regeneration.
Through Defy Expectation: The Campaign for Bryn Mawr, you have helped to create modern facilities that match the ambitions of today’s students and faculty, and preserve our iconic and historically significant buildings. Thank you.
Here are just a few ways Defy Expectation has changed our campus:
- Donors helped us invest more than $103 million in our buildings and infrastructure over the course of the Campaign, including more than $25 million for new capital projects such as the Park renovation, a new dorm, and the Student Life and Wellness Center.
- We have renovated Park Science Center to create new and flexible teaching and research spaces, increase student study spaces, launch a maker space, and dramatically open up the building with the Johanna Alderfer Harris ‘51 Atrium.
- We constructed a new dormitory with 101 single rooms and the Enid Cook ’31 Center, a residential space that also houses the Black Cultural Center (formerly in Perry House); created Perry Garden on the site of the former Perry House; and established a Digital Media and Collaboration Lab.
- We are building the Student Life and Wellness Center to house our medical and counseling center, our career and civic engagement center, our multicultural center, and religious and spiritual life.
- The multi-year renovation of Great Hall has earned Bryn Mawr a Grand Jury Award from the Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia as “not only a model of excellence in stewardship by an academic institution, but also of innovative design techniques that balance preservation with the demands of modern building use.”
Opportunities Beyond the Campaign
- The Bryn Mawr Fund. Learn more here.
- Capital support funds to complete the Park Science Center renovation.
- Capital support funds to build a new Student Life and Wellness Center.
- Capital support funds to maintain iconic campus.
For more information, contact Carolyn Wilson, Director of Donor Engagement, at 610-526-5225 or email@example.com.