Policies and Procedures

Missing Student Policy

If a member of the College community has reason to believe that a student residing in on-campus housing is missing, contact Campus Safety immediately at 610-526-7911. Campus Safety will generate a missing person report and initiate an investigation.

After investigating the missing person report, should Campus Safety determine that the student is missing and has been missing for 24 hours (or sooner if circumstances warrant it), Bryn Mawr College will notify the Lower Merion Police Department. A Dean will notify the student’s emergency contact no later than 24 hours after the student is determined to be missing. 

If the missing student is under the age of 18 and is not an emancipated individual, a Dean will notify the student’s custodial parent or guardian and the confidential contact person (if the student has identified one) immediately after Campus Safety has determined that the student has been missing for 24 hours.

In addition to registering an emergency contact, students have the option annually to register a confidential contact person to be notified if the student is determined to be missing for 24 hours. Only authorized campus officials and law enforcement officials in furtherance of a missing person investigation may have access to this information.  

Students who wish to identify a confidential contact can do so through BiONiC by clicking the Missing Persons Contact Information. Please remember that you must sign on to BiONiC to get to the sign-on page.

Resident Student Lockout Policy

Requests from students to be let into their room or residence hall will be completed in a timely manner. Dispatchers are to advise students that lockouts are a low priority but important, so they may anticipate a delayed response. Dispatchers will confirm the student’s information from the student list from Residential Life. Dispatchers will obtain a call back number for the individual, in the event that they are waiting at a different location or in the event that officers will be delayed in response time, due to an unforeseen emergency. Students are also requested to call back should they gain entry prior to an officer’s arrival. The information will be accurately logged into the dispatch program, to include that the identification has been verified. 

  • The dispatcher will ask for the student ID number over the phone.
  • Campus Safety personnel are required to ask for the student ID to verify it is the room where the student resides. Students are required to show their ID and room key with all lockouts.
  • The Campus Safety officer is required to ask to see the room key. If the student advises that the key is lost there will be a $50 charge for Facilities to change the core.
  • Campus Safety will place a Facilities work order about the lost room key.

All exterior lockouts received after 10 p.m. and during periods of low occupancy (breaks, holidays, etc.) should be given a high priority to insure student’s safety.

OneCard (Identification Card)

Students are expected to carry their official identification card at all times on campus, and can be used to identify themselves to Campus Safety or other officials when requested.

If your OneCard is misplaced, lost or stolen, report the missing card immediately so that we can deactivate the card so it cannot be used by anyone else: 24/7, call Campus Safety at 610-526-7911 or access GetFunds to suspend your account.

Need a replacement card?: Contact the OneCard office, weekdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., or the Campus Safety office during nights and weekends.


Contact Us

Campus Safety Department

John Maloney Memorial Building
Phone: (610) 526-7911

Lil Burroughs
Bi-Co Executive Director, Campus Safety
Phone: (610) 526-7911