Summer 2022 Travel Policy
College Summer International Undergraduate Travel Policy for Summer 2022
- In Summer 2022, the college will consider supporting undergraduate international travel if:
- The experience abroad is offered through a university or other academic or research institution; or
- The experience abroad is a program offered through an organization that is an established study abroad program provider; or
- The organization abroad has a formal agreement in place with BMC; and
- The organization has published health and safety plans to support student participants
Due to the ongoing nature of the Covid-19 pandemic and security concerns around the world, the College is not supporting self-led international travel for Summer 2022, including independent research projects or independent work/internships. Remote and in-person independent research or work/internships in one's home country are not considered international travel.
All students participating in College-funded international travel agree to enter complete trip information into the College Travel Registry and must sign a release (the Student Safety, Assumption of Risk, Waiver of Liability, Release, and Indemnification Agreement) prior to their departure abroad, acknowledging the risks of travel and education abroad. Student signature affirms that they have read the U.S. Department of State’s Travel Advisories and Country Specific Information, as well as guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
The College reserves the right to withdraw its approval of international travel, at its sole discretion, should conditions for approval change.
Request for exceptions will be reviewed by the Travel Safety Council on a rolling basis. Requests for exception will only be accepted by sponsoring departments or programs, not by individual students. Travel to countries with an overall U.S. Department of State Travel Advisory of Level 4 or a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Travel Health Notice Warning Level 3 is generally prohibited, though exceptions may be made by the College at its sole discretion.